www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:43 am 
Admin

Due to my heavy incontinence I have to use a bulkier and more absorbent diaper. I also use booster pads inside them, sometimes two depending on how long I’m going to be out. This creates a good bit of bulk. I keep a bag with supplies in my car but don’t necessarily like carrying it around in stores and such. I use the thicker diapers to get me through until I can get somewhere to change. As this thread suggests, I own several pair of compression shorts to wear under my clothing to keep everything close to my body. All that bulk adds up but I do what I have to. To my knowledge, with the compression shorts, nobody has ever noticed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:13 am 

Even if people notice that you have what might be a diaper, they'll dismiss it as a poorly cut pair of pants or just office butt.

Most people don't care, and you're free to give them the stink-eye if you catch them staring at your caboose.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:00 pm 

I think there are a couple of reasons why some of us - including myself- decided to wear pants over a diaper, how ever I think this video shows nicely what you have to expect in such a case. Personally I think this lab environment doesn’t represent a real scenario, because you have a lot of situations where the leak barriers may not work as expected - even without wearing pants over the diaper. But it was interesting to see what some of us also thought before...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB-mhn_hAUM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:06 pm 

michael_dahlke wrote:
I think there are a couple of reasons why some of us - including myself- decided to wear pants over a diaper, how ever I think this video shows nicely what you have to expect in such a case. Personally I think this lab environment doesn’t represent a real scenario, because you have a lot of situations where the leak barriers may not work as expected - even without wearing pants over the diaper. But it was interesting to see what some of us also thought before...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB-mhn_hAUM

Interesting. Quite interesting. The opposite of what we expect.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:20 am 

I use compression shorts; I literally only have two pairs and new ones are super pricey, but I find that they work pretty well with holding things in place/decreasing the bulge. They also reduce noise. The only downside I have with compression shorts is that they hurt my stomach/put extra pressure there, so I have to take breaks. As long as they are not too tight, I feel they help with preventing leaks, but I have noticed they one pair that is a bit tighter sometimes will cause an odd leak. If I was a guy I would totally wear boxer-briefs over a brief as that seems like it would be effective at reducing noise/appearance but not too restrictive to be uncomfortable or impede the brief's performance. I wish they had the same thing for women!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:59 am 

ScottK wrote:
Compression shorts can help with this as long as they are not too tight.
Under Armor comes to mind. (Because I have a few pair.)

ScottK

I'm with you Scott. I always wear compression shorts over a pull-up when im in the gym - for two reasons - they keep the underwear close in and, in my opinion, reduce leak risks, and if i do leak the compression will absorb rather than me dripping on the gym floor. and secondly they cut down the bulk. my pullups are kinda puffy at the back and would show under regular gym shorts so compression makes it more discreet.