www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:12 am 

In addition to my previous tip on using shopping bags I have found another tip that has really helped control the oder once you have put one or several used diapers/pads into it.
But first just bit of background...

I have been using the common plastic shopping bags to put my used diapers and pads in for a long time, but found that after just a day or two no matter how I folded up the diapers they would really start to smell. I tried spraying Lysol in the bag but this didn't seem to help at all, but here's what DID virtually eliminate the "Diaper smell". A simple spray or two of Clorox "Clean-Up" in the bag will keep virtually all bad smells away for three or four days and of course by this time the shopping bag is pretty much completely full anyway. I suspect that this might also work well for a regular diaper pale but I haven't tried that.

Please be aware that this is not the straight Clorox bleach but their spray cleaner product (see picture below). The only word of caution here is that it does contain some bleach so be careful not to get any on your clothes as it will leave a spot.
Attachment:
Clorox Clean-Up.png
Clorox Clean-Up.png [ 26.55 KiB | Viewed 3020 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:00 pm 

In Ontario, CA, we're not getting many shopping bags anymore because of the law :( So I have been buying the cheapest kitchen catcher bags that I can find. Otherwise, I like your suggestion.