www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:14 am 

I know many of us here on this forum shave our diaper area to help reduce odor and make cleaning up easier. Obviously there are several ways to remove the unwanted hair in this area but i have been so happy with the performance and ease of use of the small battery powered Braun M90 shaver that I wanted to pass it on to everyone here.
As you can see from the picture below it's a foil head type shaver which is great since it totally eliminates the possibility of any nicks in this sensitive area. After use my skin feels smooth but due to the thickness of the foil head it actually cuts the hair just above the skin surface which, at least in my experience, has totally eliminated ingrown hairs. It also features a small slide out trimmer which can cut longer hairs. I use it about every other day for about five minutes to keep things clean and smooth. Best of all the shaver can be purchased for about $23 on several web sites. It runs on two AA batteries which last quite a long time and it's so compact that you can easily take it along on trips. Sorry if this sounds like an ad for Braun but I hope this might help some of us deal with an issue that many of us have on a nearly daily basis.
Attachment:
Braun M90 Shaver.jpg
Braun M90 Shaver.jpg [ 52.72 KiB | Viewed 5097 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:07 pm 

Padded53, thanks for the good tip!

--John

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:34 am 

I just wanted to add another tip to this shaver thread. Adding a bit of baby powder to the area to be shaved makes the shaver work even better. It will glide more smoothly over the skin and reduce irritation on sensitive skin.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:58 am 

had very good success with this one as well.
not to get too graphic but I have never had so much as a nick in all areas.
https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Norelco-Bodygroomer-BG2040-showerproof/dp/B0037HP9OA