www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:33 am 

just Curious. already a rated Vet 50% for various things.
and was wondering if it would be worth it to try to get the VA to cover some of the supplies I need
and how to go about starting the process.
I have only heard bad things about the types of pads/briefs offered so am more interested
in the wipes/creams stuff that I spend tons of money on every month. maybe even briefs
if I could get coverage for my current use.
I have the weird combo of daily FI with unpredictable UI Urgency . the number of UTI's I deal with
every year is not helping the urgency issues. and they are more than likely from being unable to change a FI incident
as quickly as I would like sometimes.
not sure if any of this is service related due to the fact the FI was a direct result of civilian Rectal surgery while I was in the Air National guard.
but that didn't get bad until I had already retired from mil service.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:51 pm 

It doesn't hurt to ask about the creams and wipes. I decided not to full with them. I was just happy I was able to get the type of protection that works for me.

Look at https://www.vendorportal.ecms.va.gov/NAC/MedSurg/List and see if the items can be order through the National Acquisition Center (CCST). Some of use have experience the issues you mention, but it depends on the pharmacy and their knowledge of how to do this.

I just checked for Abri type diapers and they are finally on there. So it might be worth looking. Last time I went through this I printed out all the information about the product I wanted the VA to send me.

Good luck with it. The more prepared with the type of items that work for you will make the doctors job easy at placing the request..