www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:51 am 

It's possible that the "adjusted" quilting roller is compressing the padding and making it more prone to breaking apart. I had a long career in engineering/manufacturing and have always been surprised when one tiny change in the manufacturing process can have substantial unexpected effects later on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:05 pm 

Padded53 wrote:
It's possible that the "adjusted" quilting roller is compressing the padding and making it more prone to breaking apart. I had a long career in engineering/manufacturing and have always been surprised when one tiny change in the manufacturing process can have substantial unexpected effects later on.

It's possible, although we haven't had other complaints of the padding breaking apart so that could be an isolated incident. We'll be doing testing here and at the factory to troubleshoot best we can.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:32 pm 

I really wish we had a like button. Thank you Adam. *LIKED*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:54 am 

NorthShoreAdam wrote:
fanoftherichISC wrote:
well I am over a case into the new briefs. and am kinda bummed that the padding does not hold up at all like the older ones.
maybe that time sitting in the warehouse did something to it to make it better. but for the first time since using 30+ cases of these things
the padding falls apart whether wet or dry if I wear the brief longer than a couple hours. this never happened before.
the only physical difference between old and new is in the attached photo., you can see some kind of quilting on the newer ones.
this is the first time I have seen that quilting in the thousands i have used. . performance outside this one issue seems similar. but the padding breaking up
does negate one huge advantage these had. and that is the wicking ability. when the padding is broken the wicking ability
goes down fast . can anyone confirm that same quilted look on the newest air supreme briefs? thanks!.

The embossed dimple pattern was always there but the roller that makes that pattern gets adjusted every so often and it appears that the latest batch was made right after it had been tightened. They may have over shot it a bit. All our current stock is from the same batch so we can't replace them. You may need to leave these out a bit longer than usual to fluff up. If you have unopened bags you want to return just let us know.

that overshoot may be the whole issue. I noticed it goes all the way through to the outside cover, heck it can be felt on the outside. is it possible that super heavy dimpling could cause the padding to separate easier?. not gonna return the 3 cases I have but hope that this is a one time mfr mistake so I can continue ordering my fav brief. kinda weird that I never noticed the dimple before on the first couple thousand of these I used... do not get me wrong , I am not angry at all about this issue just concerned that it may be a permanent change in the product. I wil probably only order one case on the next order to see how it goes. used to getting 4 at a time. if I could suggest another brief with similar performance you may want to carry,,, its the ID Slip Maxi which I found very similar to the Northshore brief. i think they are made in the same french plant so that may be part of it.
I noticed you said all your current stock is from the same batch. I thought the current stock was the product with waistband? these are not those

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:17 am 

fanoftherichISC wrote:

that overshoot may be the whole issue. I noticed it goes all the way through to the outside cover, heck it can be felt on the outside. is it possible that super heavy dimpling could cause the padding to separate easier?. not gonna return the 3 cases I have but hope that this is a one time mfr mistake so I can continue ordering my fav brief. kinda weird that I never noticed the dimple before on the first couple thousand of these I used... do not get me wrong , I am not angry at all about this issue just concerned that it may be a permanent change in the product. I wil probably only order one case on the next order to see how it goes. used to getting 4 at a time. if I could suggest another brief with similar performance you may want to carry,,, its the ID Slip Maxi which I found very similar to the Northshore brief. i think they are made in the same french plant so that may be part of it.
I noticed you said all your current stock is from the same batch. I thought the current stock was the product with waistband? these are not those

Sorry, I misunderstood. Yes current stock has elastic waistband. Feel free to contact our customer service for replacements of any defective stock.