www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:16 pm 

The last five years have been hell for me. I went from having bowel surgery in 2019 due to diverticulitis and abscesses. I Moved to Pa. in 2019 and started working. Ended up in the ER just a few months later.

Then we all know what happened in 2020. Well, that made getting stuff figured out hard. I went from working to not due to painful spasms in my rectum leading to bowel and bladder incontinence. I ended up getting an Ileostomy back in 2022 and that was pure hell. It hurt all the time and I had no energy. In October of last year, I had the ileostomy reversed and now I am back to square one with my health.

A CNP that I saw last year had me try a new medication I do not know that It is worth taking. I am calling the doctor's office tomorrow about it.

So here is the big thing.

I am on SSDI and have been for a while now. My county says that I make too much money on SSDI to get Medicaid. I get Medicare but I cannot pay for any extra things that I need and I am stuck with a hospital that I have had a huge problem with.

Everything that I read online from PA. state Medicaid website shows that I should qualify for it, But they keep telling me no due to income alone.

This leaves me with a dilemma. I need more testing done now that I am back at square one but the hospital has to approve it so that their assistance will cover that part that I cannot.

This has already been an issue before because when I was setting up my surgery to close my ileostomy the hospital wanted a deposit before surgery, that was until they found out that I had assistance and my doctor ordered the surgery as needed.

The thing is that my bowels hurt all the time again so I have to get seen and let them run tests to find out what they didn't before. So I got to get my insurance issue figured out so I can go to any hospital and get the care that I need.

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:39 pm 

You need someone who knows how to navigate the system. What you need is to get a case manager from the hospital on this to figure out what is going on.

It can be nearly impossible for a regular person to do it because it is so easy for someone to say "no" without knowing the facts.