www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: time to vent
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:52 am 

Earlier this past week I received a call from my health insurer. The lady who called wanted to know all my medications, how I took them, were they working as advertised, and she offered to set me up with an automatic prescription renewal. This was a lengthy call. I was scarcely into it when my abdomen went into a hissy fit. My bladder, colon, and rectum all cramped, evacuated their contents, and cramped again. I was in agony as the lady patiently, repeatedly, asked me about this medication, that medication, did they work, how often do I take them, and on and on. When I was finally able to hang up, my diaper was overflowing with fecal material and urine; my pants were soiled and my abdomen was aching. Cleaning up the bathroom took nearly an hour.

Incontinence is a symptom that can range from mildly inconvenient to extremely painful and even life threatening. Do not allow anyone, especially medical professionals who ought to know better, to minimize it.

Post subject: Re: time to vent
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:12 pm 

Oh Patrick I'm sorry you had to go through that. Fecal cleanup is hard enough. I've been dealing with cramping as well. I know that soon enough it will happen to me. Even if not as severe as what you experienced. I wish you all the best

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:29 pm 

I'm sorry to hear about your continued health problems. You have a lot to deal with.
Cautionary note: I received an unexpected "cold call" from someone alleging to be from an insurer associated with a pharmacy. They had a lot of questions that they should have already known from records, like what I was taking and how often. I shut them down. Be care what information you share and who you share it with. Computer data bases have long memories.
My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:44 pm 

Quote:
Earlier this past week I received a call from my health insurer. The lady who called wanted to know all my medications...
How annoying and how sorry for your suffering through this.

And yes, be careful about those phone calls. We are getting a slew of scammer/spam calls these days. If the caller ID doesn't identify who they are (it will just show a phone number), I let the answering service take a message. Of course, there is rarely a message except for the few in Chinese that nobody here understands. The unfortunate thing is that as I understand it, we never get caller ID from cellphone callers. Only if your cellphone contacts register the number will you be able to identify who they are. This makes it tricky for medical service calls, but they usually leave a message.

I sure wish they would hurry up and get a handle on these robo calls. That is my own personal rant.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:27 am 

Patrick, you have to deal with so much already, I am saddened to learn of this latest episode. Yep, time to vent!

--John
(double incontinent)