www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:20 pm 

Well, I made the mistake of asking my wife about the Northshore Supreme Lite colours (only advertised to be available in purple or green in Canada). But worse than that, they are now only available in purple at healthwick.ca (wife thinks it is more of a lavender colour but monitor colours can't be trusted). Healthwick.ca now notes "Green is now discontinued and stock is now limited."

Because I asked her, she wants me to try "Abena Abri-San Special Pads" because they advertise "specifically designed to handle fecal incontinence". Sigh, well as a pad, they do have leak guards etc. but call me skeptical. Combined with the fixing pants, I can see some advantages for day wear but..

So even though I think the pads are a waste of time, I may be ordering both the purple (it might as well be pink) NS Supreme Lites and the Abena Abri-San Special Pads to try out. The bias towards pads runs deep in women I guess, or is it the bias against diapers (briefs)? Ug. If the Lite diapers workout, I'll have to order blue ones by the case from state side. By trying both products, i can at least tell her I tried them and put this reoccurring pads idea to rest.

Q. Does anyone know if the US/Canada Customs charge, or hassle diaper imports? I've never tried importing them. NS says they will be shipped using USPS, which is good because couriers are a nightmare with "customs brokerage fees".

Update:
After looking at reviews yesterday, it is clear that I won't be ordering the Abena Abri-San Special Pads. A common theme in the reviews is "these things are HUGE". That makes them indiscreet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:45 am 

Hi Wayne,

I tried these pads and they are the size of a diaper but without the fasteners and they were a disaster for me. I am a woman and yes, I felt like I would more comfortable in them than a brief. After leaks, shifting and still having to wear the proper undergarment a brief made more sense to me. But it is all a personal choice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:33 am 

Thanks for sharing your experiences LucOllie. That confirms what I expected after reading all the reviews (I read all that I could find). So yes, it makes more sense to use something more trusted and foolproof.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 5:20 am 

the special were useful as a liner when doing bowel preps. very high leakguards. just threw em inside a hybrid elite that came off and on easily
used dang near the whole package last time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:40 pm 

Yeah, they are massive. All the bulk of a large diaper with all the hassle of a loose pad. The worst of both worlds.

I tried two different versions, they came in Huge and Really Huge. At that time I was alternating between a couple versions of high-end pullups and the older-style white Depend briefs that had the really good waistbands. I would fit the Depends to me and then pull them up-and-down to use the toilet, since my incontinence was just fecal and I only leaked sometimes.

Either of those was less bulky, more comfortable, and worked better than the Abri-San pads. Also far less obvious.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:58 pm 

I tried these and I don't think they contain much SAP. They seem to mostly be pulp. Might be fine, but if what I am wearing doesn't have enough SAP in it I just feel wet and soggy after a minor wetting.