Switch to full style
How do you deal with fecal incontinence?
Post a reply

Cleanup supplies for F-IC?

Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:21 pm

What do folks use to clean up their mess with?

I know about several kinds of wet "wipes" but I would imagine that you need something more heavy duty, at least at the start of a cleanup. I like these blue shop towels, available at Canadian Tire up here in the great white north. They're almost like cloth but pass as a paper towel. Probably a bit coarse for skin, but rugged enough to get the worst of the fecal matter off.

A quick survey of our local incontinence supply places and drug stores here didn't seem to offer much. It must be some kind of "dirty secret" :shock:
Attachments
ShopTowels.png

Re: Cleanup supplies for F-IC?

Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:03 am

Wayne,

Good topic. I have experimented with many and many are adequate. I prefer the slightly larger ones (9" x 13") for cleaning up messes.

I use NorthShore Supreme Quilted Wipes that I order online from Northshore Care. I buy them by the case for extra savings.

--John
(double incontinent)

Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:30 am

I liberally apply an oil-based skin preparation, such as Aveeno, after every change, which helps the next clean up, and I use the wings of disposables first, followed by wipes and a soap and water clean up, when I'm home.

Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:41 am

Usually when I have a fecal accident, I use whatever wipes we have at the time - typically Huggies lightly scented. They do the job and are fairly inexpensive. I've tired other wipes specifically for IC clean up, but they didn't seem to work as well. I follow that with soap and water, or more likely a shower.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:03 pm

I use barrier cream wipes. They work great for cleanups.
Post a reply