www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:56 am 

I had already had a bowel movement twice this morning so I thought I was good for the day. Nope. I was sitting on my bed after taking a walk to get a tea and next thing I know I had a bowel movement in my diaper. I was wearing a betterdry and in did its job only leaking a tiny bit into my pul pants. I was able to clean up really good using barrier cream wipes and toilet paper in the bathroom. I was amazed at how well I did. It took a bit but yea. A bump in the road and I'm confident I can tackle it when it happens again.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:09 pm 

I wore a BetterDry last night to the movies to see the new Top Gun (good!) because my bowels were iffy all afternoon. I was glad I did when the movie started because the bowels started threatening again. Thankfully, being seated seems to have held it at bay, though I did have my usual U-IC towards the end of the movie. Better safe than sorry!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:59 am 

Its good to see that I am not alone with regard to "fecal ambushes." :oops: As justj noted, it particularly is surprising when one already has had a bowel movement.

Like Wayne, being seated does seem to delay a BM for a while. Then after one arises the inevitable happens. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:36 am 

Multiple adult bowel movements do not always guarantee freedom. Although I do get abdominal sensations of the need to go, often I will evacuate small bits of fecal material that I may not know about until my next diaper change. Other times a cough or sneeze will be enough to give me a fecal release. At my annual neurologist appointment yesterday, she simply nodded and said that my brain injury made fecal accidents understandable, that wearing diapers was wise, and I should keep up the good work. Your successful management should be a source of pride and acceptance.