www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Post Botox update.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:01 am 

Well that was a very weird experience. Only my second time being awake for the first few minutes in the OR.

I am back on my normal diet and I already feel very bad. Like running to the bathroom and just making it.

I have follow-up on the 27th and that is when everything will be set out as far as future options.

I am still in a lot of pain and I defiantly do not trust my bowels to go anywhere so I will have to wait and see.

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!

Post subject: Re: Post Botox update.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:52 am 

I am awaiting insurance approval for a bladder Botox treatment. My urologist said that it is an office procedure, and that it will be much more patient friendly than what I remember from 1998-1999, when Botox shots were quite stressful. How will Botox influence your bowel control? That is a new and scary development. Keep us informed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:25 pm 

Patrick wrote:
I am awaiting insurance approval for a bladder Botox treatment. My urologist said that it is an office procedure, and that it will be much more patient friendly than what I remember from 1998-1999, when Botox shots were quite stressful. How will Botox influence your bowel control? That is a new and scary development. Keep us informed.

So, I had both my puborectalis and internal anal sphincter done. The day of surgery I was completely numb and tired. Today is three days out and I had my first morning accident. Truth is you can feel the muscles but they don't work. In my case some of my muscles were already numb so that is why we did what we did.

As far as how it will influence my bowel control, The doctor figure that it would make accidents worse, not better. But the idea is trying to get the muscles a chance to relax and maybe reset.

The big thing that I realized is that I am leaking more than I thought. I really cannot stop it but I couldn't before either. Now there is just no pain from the puborectalis spasms.

This was really just a "why not give it a try"... I am back on my medications now and back eating and I already am back in gut pain.

As far as the Botox goes, it is to early to know how bad it will be but what I can say that is not TMI... is that I have a lot of silent sharts that are clear/clean and that tells me it is time to get up and try to go and then change if I need to.

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:32 pm 

I hope you are continuing to recover.