Switch to full style
How do you deal with fecal incontinence?
Post a reply

Mucus

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:07 pm

I am wondering if anyone else experiences mucus leakage at times. It will occur for a couple of days and then disappear. Often it is basically clear.

Re: Mucus

Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:00 pm

Yes indeed. I have no idea what causes this. It's like clear diarrhea.

Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:57 pm

Patrick,
Do you have it often? How do you manage it when it occurs?

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:34 am

I do not get it frequently, maybe 6-8 times per year. When I do, I try to stay close to home and rely on my diapers.

Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:34 pm

I have experienced it occasionally throughout my life. However, more frequently in the past couple of years. I am wondering if getting older is a factor.

Does yours last more than a day when it occurs? Mine is usually a few days.

I just saw a post in regards to using feminine tampons for fecal incontinence. I am wondering if that would work for this?

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:11 pm

I guess they might; because I'm double incontinent, and need bladder protection anyway, I've never tried them.

Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:55 am

Patrick,
Do you know what is causing yours?
I am wondering if this is a common thing that occurs with men, but like many things we don't talk about it.

Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:43 pm

If the mucus discharge is only intermittent I would not worry about it. If it becomes chronic or is in large amounts, I would check with my physician.

Something likely is irritating the colon and causing the discharge of mucus. I have read that food intolerances often are related to mucus discharge.

--John
(double incontinent)

Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:47 pm

I like JD's reply. My GI regimen involves stool softeners, enemas, laxatives, suppositories, and careful regulation of my diet. I do not always manage it well; when I mismanage it, blockages, regurgitation, diarrhea, and mucus discharge can happen. The situation is exasperating; however, gastroparesis can be lethal, so I shouldn't complain. I just diaper up and promise myself to do better.
Post a reply