www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:34 pm 

Back in April I posted my list of foods/drinks to avoid. That helped but did not provide a 100% solution. In that list the biggest contributor was coffee (though a caffeine pill is ok). If I drink coffee then I have to remain home for the morning.

So I saw my GP and did the suggested colonoscopy thing this summer. That went ok and the biopsies turn up nothing. In one sense that was great news but in another sense not so great. The proctologist seems to think I need to talk to my GP about alternatives to metformin. While dragging my feet on making the GP appointment, I've since had spaghetti two nights in a row with tomato paste (with basil). That gave me much grief a couple days later and some F-IC. So that leads me to think that it is still not simply metformin, nor is it simply foods.

So it seems that I am still dealing with IBS, and that generally is a difficult nut to crack. Besides a GP visit, my next step is to try a fibre supplement like metamucil.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:36 am 

Continual experimentation, guided by an expert professional, seems to be standard practice among FIC sufferers. Balancing diet, medications, and the accessibility of suitable toilet facilities make management both challenging and necessary. Good luck and keep us informed.