www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bowel obstruction
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:53 pm 

Im not sure where else to put this.
Ive been dealing with vomiting and nausea for 3 weeks now. Ive seen 3 different doctors (there are several where i go for primary care). The doctor i saw today said he thinks i have a bowel obstruction. The last doctor said he couldnt hear my bowels at all and the doc today said he could barely hear them. I have a cat scan next week and may be admitted to the hospital. I have my (5th) leg surgery on the 18th too. Has anyone had one of these? Im kinda scared

Post subject: Re: Bowel obstruction
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:20 pm 

My dad had a bowel obstruction after surgery a few years ago. They're easy to spot on a CT scan. Bowel obstructions vary considerably in their levels of medical seriousness. If your doctor thought yours was an emergency, I'm sure he would have sent you to the ER. My dad was totally incapacitated by his, doubled over in pain, and delirious with nausea. You sound much better than that! If you get worse, call your doctor or just go to the hospital. Take care of yourself, and be at peace. I am sending lots of prayers and good energy your way.

Noe

Post subject: Re: Bowel obstruction
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:59 am 

Because of gastroparesis, I have more experience with bowel blockages than I care to admit. They can range from being a nuisance to life-threatening, and everything in between. Your upcoming exam should tell your doctors everything they want to know about your situation. Hopefully they will have a solution for you that will truly solve this. Good luck and report back.