www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:18 pm 

I found out the hard way, that you can be extra F-IC at home when you have the flu. I had been struggling with diarrhea all afternoon, but successfully made it downstairs to the toilet 3 times. I must have got over confident. The 4th time was not so fortunate, as I soiled myself on the way down the stairs. As disgusting as it was, I am learning how to cleanup and recover from these horrors. It was easy enough this time because this was at home and I was wearing a Tranquility SmartCore brief (good enough for at home). I didn't even need to disturb my wife out of her tv chair.

And I have to say that when you're feeling feverish, U-IC is very unwelcome also.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:56 pm 

wayne wrote:
I found out the hard way, that you can be extra F-IC at home when you have the flu. I had been struggling with diarrhea all afternoon, but successfully made it downstairs to the toilet 3 times. I must have got over confident. The 4th time was not so fortunate, as I soiled myself on the way down the stairs. As disgusting as it was, I am learning how to cleanup and recover from these horrors. It was easy enough this time because this was at home and I was wearing a Tranquility SmartCore brief (good enough for at home). I didn't even need to disturb my wife out of her tv chair.

And I have to say that when you're feeling feverish, U-IC is very unwelcome also.

Have you thought about doing a Covid-19 test?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:23 pm 

greenbank wrote:
Have you thought about doing a Covid-19 test?
Just finished a test and yes, I tested positive.

I didn't want to believe it when my symptoms started, when I felt a bit of tightness in the lungs. I've had injections and boosters, but none this year. What's worse, is that my wife seems to be coming down with symptoms too. I'm not afraid for myself, but am a bit worried for her because of her health issues.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:44 pm 

As Covid mutates, as all viruses do, keeping up on boosters is vital, both for ourselves, and for everybody around us. And yes, anything that makes us cough or sneeze, can trigger a bowel release. The cleanup can be a chore. If this becomes frequent, you might consider beginning to use Nullo or Devrom.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:14 pm 

Patrick wrote:
As Covid mutates, as all viruses do, keeping up on boosters is vital, both for ourselves, and for everybody around us. And yes, anything that makes us cough or sneeze, can trigger a bowel release. The cleanup can be a chore. If this becomes frequent, you might consider beginning to use Nullo or Devrom.
I was just bragging to some diabetes nursing staff that "I never get sick" etc. in response to the flu virus injection suggestion. Which for the last two years has been true, but... a few weeks later I am reaping my comeuppance.

As for Nullo, I am using Chlorofresh in Canada: https://www.amazon.ca/Natures-Way-Chlorofresh-Internal-Deodorant/dp/B003EIPG0O

It's a bit pricey, but really helps.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:28 am 

Hello Wayne,

You are not alone. I had Covid just under 2 months ago. Fortunately and was not really bad and I had only three days some fever. After 10 days it was over again but the first three days were really but bad. I also got diarrhea in addition to the cough and that is a stupid combination.

As a result, I usually did not come to the toilet although it is quite close to the bedroom. Unfortunately, that is always quite a mess, even with a diaper...

I hope you get well again.

Best regards
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:49 pm 

Hi Wayne

Diarrhoea is sadly on the Covid list for anyone who has incontinence this is on the one hand an absolute nightmare but on the other we are protected and prepared when it strikes unlike others who don’t suffer from incontinence.

Hope you and anyone lurking who have covid all the best the key is to keep up to date with all inoculations on offer.

Sending you and your other half lots of love!

Greenbank

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:13 pm 

Both of us are on the mend now with the fever mostly behind us.

The diarrhea continues to be a frequent annoyance (for me). So now I walk around a bit now before assuming it is safe to go up the stairs again. The stairs seems be very good at motivating the bowels. And of course, the protection provides some reassurance.

Thinking back now, I am sure that I picked this up at our local drug store. This time of year has many people lining up for flu shots. I have been in for drug pickups a few times during this time.