www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:10 pm 

So I was at pt today and I had an incident of bowel incontinence. I had a bowel movement before I left the house so I thought I was in the clear. I had a coffee before pt as I had about an hour to kill. This coffee usually doesn’t affect me. Well half way through pt I got “the urge” and excused myself. I wheeled to the bathroom and before I could get my diaper down I lost it. I got some of it in my bodysuit (which I trashed) and a tiny bit in my long Johns which should come out in the wash. But needless to say I felt defeated. I got home, got in the shower and just cried.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:41 pm 

Try not to beat yourself up too much over this. It has happened to me numerous times while out in public places not as much now that I have a routine and have adjusted to the new medications ( 9 of them ) , you did the best you could and sometimes our bodies just do not cooperate. Tomorrow is another day be kind to yourself and try not to be too discouraged, a lot of us I'm sure have been there.

Paul Henry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:59 pm 

A large fraction of bowel incontinence episodes are situational. If we could just get to a nearby toilet in time, we could prevent an accident. If you can get trained by a physical therapist skilled in bowel management, including diet, Kegels, and timed voiding, your life might become easier. You might also consider using Devrom and Nullo.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:59 pm 

Thanks guys. Today was better as I was home but still had a couple close calls. I’m definitely going to look into devrom/nullo. I’ll probably place an order on Amazon tonight