www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:18 pm 

I may be doing better with accepting myself.

I've been waiting for my shipment of Depend Guards for Men (yes, luckily I can get away with those). Down to my last couple yesterday, I had to go buy them at the drugstore. :oops:

Normally, I would have found this quite embarassing in the past. but this time I was able to just go and do it. I didn't even try to sneak about (as I would have) or wait until the "coast was clear." I just got my package, walked right past a few people and did what I had to do.

All things being equal, I'd still prefer to get them from drugstore.com (especially since it's cheaper than Walgreen's), but I take a little pride in my non-embaraassment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:51 pm 

Hi Rocketman I was in the same boat as you when I went into a store I would wait till the coast was clear before buying the protection.I soon just started walking up like it was a loaf of bread,but not overnight it took a while.The protection is just another style of underware.Good Luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:24 pm 

yep..same here.. i used to be soo paranoid about ppl watchin me buy my stuff..now the only snag is when i see ppl i KNOW see me buy them..which has happened.. thankfully..it wont happen anymore..im getting all my diapers for free sent right to my house..but now..i treat buying diapers as no big deal.. i make conversation with the cashier sometimes.. and..ive even had a conversation at length face to face with a store rep a few months back on what product was best.. that was when i still wore undergarments..i dont wear anything except full breifs now.. mainly out of prefrence..i could get away with pullups..but i dont like how they fit...and dont like how they show way above my pants.. to me..briefs are more discreet in that regard..and have way more padding in the front up high were us guys need it most.. to me..buying diapers is more embarassing than buying undergarments guards..but..whatever..i wont care anymore since im having them sent to me

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II