www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:26 am 

they have a product called "Peristeen" which looks interesting. In the "Children's user stories" one of the health professionals talks about using an "anal plug" to supplement bowel cleaning.
"Leakage problems
"Some children experience leakages. It’s a good idea to empty the bowels as much as possible using anal irrigation and then use an anal plug to avoid leakage afterwards. Normally you irrigate every other day and use the anal plug as a supplement in between. You can use the anal plug for special occasions, when going swimming or on a trip for example - or you can wear it for a whole day at a time."
Where can I find info on a medical anal plug? When I try searching on anal plug I get the sex toys sites and that's not what I'm looking for!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:42 am 

Deen_ad

If you use Googol type in “anal plug incontinence” it should bring up some sights on them.
I never used them and I do have bouts with bowel incontinence. I have looked into them for when my bowel kicks up but got little response from my doctor.

From what I gather there are some problems with them coming out and they work better if the stool is runny diarrhea.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:04 pm 
Admin

I can't say I can help you either. I have never had a desire for such a thing. I understand their purpose. When I swim, I just wear a Gabby's swim diaper. They work fine. Other than that, if I'm going to have bowel incontinence, there is not much I can do about it. Thats what the diaper is there for. I'll just change it as soon as possible. For odor, I intend to use a product like Nullo or Devrom. I guess what I'm trying to say is I would like to avoid putting things in my body. That can't be comfortable.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:04 am 

At one time there was a US company doing testing on a product that needed testers. I signed up and they sent several emails that the product was delayed. That was about four years ago, since then, nothing.
I thought some of our overseas members would be able to answer and give me a lead.