www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:39 pm 
Admin

Everyone that is in cloth daytime or night does things differently. I stomp/rinse mine out in the shower in the morning, as I am headed there anyhow, and put them into the washer to go through with the next load in laundry within a day or two, seems to work well for me, no odor issues, and the laundry is getting done anyhow. No bleach, or fabric softener, just regular laundry soap, or Borax if is just diapers and liners along with coverpants. Once every two months or so, I will blast all of them through by themselves on HOT, along with bedpads and give them a good washing out, stripping them as it is called. After being in them for a year every night, they are holding up perfectly, even the All-in-Ones I have, but I only give them a short stint in the dryer, then hang on the indoor clothes rack to air dry the rest of the way. They paid for themselves within the year for what I put out on them, I am happy I switched over from disposables at night. I am doing laundry anyhow, I have not really seen a difference in the hydro bill since starting to use them at night, just a bit bigger load of laundry, which for a bachelor, is not that much to begin with. Best of all if I get through the night dry, which does happen, there is no money wated on an unused disposable, which you really never use twice! :wink: Puffy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:08 am 

Puff, In 5 years you would have used 1,825 disposable diapers (just at night). At $1.25 for a good one that is $2,281.25. What did a dozen cloth diapers set you back? Hmmmm what did you do with all that cash? Papa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:57 pm 
Admin

I have not totalled up all the receipts for it, but I am sure it is well under $400 that I put out, including the plain cloth diapers, the all-in-ones, liners/stuffers, seprerate coverpants, and bedpads. Sleep much better too, which for me, you can't put a price on! :D Puffy