Mentally and physically?
Post a reply

Most Embarrassed

Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:18 am

Most embarrassed :oops:

Recently I had to go to the hospital Out Patient for various tests due to my recent acquired Rheumatoid Arthritis. When I arrived and after registering I was taken to a room and told to remove all but my socks and underclothes. Keep in mind I am total incontinent and being told today would be a long day of tests being preformed I was wearing my night time triple thick pull on diaper from Loving Comfort and covered with vinyl pants. Now I have been incontinent for over 27 years and I am no longer concerned about having nurses or doctors examining me with diapers on. However, I feel this treatment was uncalled for. :roll:

I looked around for one of those gowns and could not locate any. I waited for the nurse to return thinking she would help. Upon her return, I expressed my dilemma, only to be told not to worry as I was well covered and not exposing anything and the test (full bone X-rays of the body) you are having requires to be as you are and to follow her. I thought okay, we are going right to the x-ray room. To my surprised :!:, she took me to a waiting room full of other patients. There I was with what consisted of 17 other patients of which one was in his PJ shorts, the rest were missing various items of clothing which did not exposed anything as well; however, the adults were only missing what consisted of shoes, socks, shirts. Only the children were in their underwear. I felt all the eyes of the parents and children on me as I was told to sit there and I would be called shortly. :oops: (45 minutes)

After being called, and in the x-ray room, I expressed my anger :twisted: with what had just happened, at which time the new nurse apologized and said she will take care of it. Well, they did the test, told to wait while they checked the x-rays and that someone will come and get me for the next test. The same nurse who placed me the waiting room comes in and states to follow her again to the next test. At this time I protested a little stronger about what had happened and that another nurse was (I thought) getting me a gown. :cry: She states, okay in the meantime you can go to the other lab for your next test. Thinking I was going right to the next test. To my surprised, :oops: :!: I was returned to the another waiting room and sitting there hoping that I would be given the gown I asked for. :roll: :oops: There I sat, very upset, :twisted: people and children coming and going and feeling like on a exhibit being stared at. :oops: After over an hour, I got up and went to the desk to voice again my anger. :twisted: The desk clerk called the nurse (different one) who said okay she would check and get back to me. I then waited approximately another 20 minutes or so before being called for the (EMG) test.

After this test, I was finally taken back to the room where I had left my clothes. I got dressed and went to the Blood lab for my final test stop.

Upon leaving, I stopped by patient services and filed a very angered report about their patient care and personnel. I have also written a letter to my personal physician expressing my anger and embarrassment. :twisted: :oops:

Some of my friends say I should see a lawyer… I am not that type of person. However, in the future I will take a robe with me! :idea:

P.S. This happened yesterday and I now await to hear from someone from the Hospital Patient Care follow up as stated they would.
[color=black][/color]

Most embarrassed

Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:56 am

I agree with you 100%. What happened to you was absolutely outrageous. If it happened to me, I would most definitely sue.

That is Harsh.

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:00 pm

WOW, that's almost unbelievable!

You'd think that the medical community would have more understanding. I guess not, though.

most embarrassing

Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:04 am

I've had many times where I felt like crawling in a hole once I was at a doctors office a number of years ago and all the rooms were right off the waiting room. Well anyway I was there for a female issue well by the time they finally got through with me. I had one hour in the waiting room and another hour in the exam room Of course being told the whole thing would only take 15-20 min. when I made the appointment. I had been wearing the same brief most of that morning. and thought I could get away with it. But anyway by the time I was able to get dressed again my brief was in need of changing. Well the nurse noticed it and asked if I needed a new one I said yes that would be nice. She said she would go get one she comes back and says out loud looking threw the door with a crowded waiting room behind her what size Diaper do you Wear? I sat in shock and then she repeated it! I answered she then brought one back carrying it through the waiting room. Well needless to say when I walked out of that room all eyes were on me. I never went back to that place again. I've had other ones such as when I was in my middle twenties and wet myself at a restaurant when I was in my denial stage as to how bad my incontinence really was and what kind of protection I should have been wearing. Well that was an eye opener. I should of had a brief on but only had a belted undergarment. I was with my husband sitting at a table and I started to leak I tried to hold it back but it all came out anyway. leaving one soaked dress and a puddle under my chair about 10-12 inches round and a whole bunch of people starring and whispering near by. I broke down right there and wept. My husband took his suit jacket off and wrapped it around me and took me out of there. The owner was very kind but did say something to insinuate I was not all there. and that my husband was a good person for taking care of a person like me. I could go on but it's getting late. Good Night all

most embarrassed

Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:16 pm

hi I was at the gas station filling up when a leak came on. With wet paints went home to change redfaced and all.thanks
Post a reply