www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:21 pm 

I have both to some extent.If I am close to a rest room I can make it some times.In one respect most of the time once I make it through the morning my bowels will be OK till the next morning.I do have some leakage now and then but not a full bowel movement like in the morning.It most of the time is a small bit and I could get away with it if not for the smell which is my biggest fear of the whole thing.Is having a slip around people that can smell me.I have been taking Nullo for the past few days but so far has not stopped the smell when I do have a bowel movement.If it just works I can deal with having a little bit of a dirty diaper till I get home or some where to change.I have had to change one time away from home and a shower and that sucks.I was in a handy cap stall with a sink and I do carry a wash cloth and soap in a bag I keep in the car.I hate to think what it will be like if I have a big BM and have to change with out a shower.The wetting I deal with with no trouble.But bowel incontinence is another whole ball game away from home.We travel quite a bit.And one consolation is we camp and have a RV trailer most of the time if traveling.So if worse comes to worse I can clean up in the trailer shower, in a rest area or where ever I can stop.It has not came to that yet but I do wet my self quite a bit on the road.But in a way since this happen to me I travel more relaxed than before when I would just leak now and then wondering if I would make the next rest area.

To some it up accepting diapers made my life better as now I don`t worry so much about wetting my self.The bowel incontinence some what less optimistic but working on it and still do every thing I did before this happen to me.As I said if I can control the smell and it does not get any worse It will just be a little inconvenience to me.
I have only been like this for about four months and have learned a lot.

Wink

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:52 am 

Activated Charcoal is your best option for fast results. I have been taking that for several weeks. If I stop for a day the smells return. When I remember to take it the smells go away the next day or two.

I tried Nullo and it does work after two or more weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:47 am 

Doug where do you find the Charcoal?I have never heard of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:20 pm 

I think Drugstore.com carries activated charcoal.

Gimwet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:02 pm 

Most pharmacies and some supplement stores carry it.