www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:03 pm 

Ok.. as most of you know, ive been going in the direction of trying "pelvic relaxation" therapy. I have tried to find a person locally who does this therapy.. was told they did it here in town, guess not.. the only do WOMEN'S pelvic relaxation therapy.. id have to go to a town 3 hrs away.. NOPE..not going to work..mom and dad pressed me to get on the horn w/doc's office and see if there was someone closer, in an town an hour and a half away..this is where it gets funny.. she did find someone.. but it is the urologist i have already seen!!! The same urologist who told me "you may have to learn to live with this." That was before they did the fuds test and the U of M doc recommended pelvic relaxation therapy..

Now, I'm dubious for obvious reasons..but i'm willing to indulge them.. I called down to the office to make sure that they actually do pelvic relaxation therapy.. and that if i went down there it wouldn't be more of the same "Well we dont know whats wrong, you have to live with it." I have not heard back from them yet.

I think the rationale behind seeing the doc again will be that im not asking him for treatments for urge, because i don't have OAB or neurgenic bladder.. i have voiding dysfunction, which could be treatable with this therapy. I hope he actually does it, and that it not a damn consultation with a followup appt to do the therapy.. if it is ok..but i get tired of consutation appointments.. you show up and pay them money only for htem to not do anything except set up an appointment for a specailist..grr.

I said before that May is the stopping point..i'm going to stick to that..because quite frankly, i am getting tired of playing doctor roulette..its been a year..no, 2 years almost!! of seeing doctor after doctor with no discernable improvment overall long term. Short term improvement, maybe..but that may have been a fluke...

BTW.. altering my medications (taking me off catapres and switching from ritalin LA to Ritalin 10) has done NOTHING overall to change my symptoms. I sitll have floods, and still need to wear diapers. They still seem to cycle between light days and weeks and floody days and weeks.. with today and yesterday leaning on the heavy side.

I'm somewhat skeptical of the therapies my uro has suggested.. but still willing to do them in hopes there is a remote chance they will work.. but..the May 1 deadline where i accept my incontience as is is unnegotiable.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:32 pm 

Grr.. pelvic relaxation therapy is a no-go.. the one town doesn't do it anymore.. now what???? I'm out of options..but part of me doesn't want to give up..

Post subject: Light in the darkness...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:18 pm 

Ok.. i have done some more fanagling around.. and there is someone who does biofeedback in the town.. and get this..i DO have detrusor-sphincter dysserenigia.. I suspected this might be the case.. this changes things.. it means that sometimes i do indeed retain.. which could be bad for my kidneys.. so.. i think treatment should be undertaken. The future no longer looks bleak.