www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: wellness briefs?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:15 pm 

Ok, i was searchin E-bay for extended wear diapers.. and i come across something called the wellness brief. Manufactures claim it to be a superabsorbent diaper, the likes of Abena, Molicare, and dry 24/7.. i'm wondering, is it similar to dry 24/7? If it is, i dont think ill try it.. i didnt like those all that much, even though they had good capacity, fit wasnt quite there.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:41 pm 

I looked at the wellness briefs. To me they seem very similar to the Dry 24/7 product. Right now I'm hooked on these Bambino diapers... even though the cost is a little higher than some of the other brands they are just so amazingly comfortable (and capable) that I keep using them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:34 pm 

Puddleguy, your comments are helpful. Are the Bambino discreet in public? are they bulgy? would anyone notice i had a diaper on? how much does it show over the waist? how loud is it? is one quieter than the other?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:17 pm 

Bambinos are cut low-rise... they don't show nearly as much as something like a Molicare Super Plus or an Abena X-plus will.

The Bambinos are decently thick... but if you wear your pants one size large (like I do) noone will ever know that you are diapered. The only diaper that I would define as "noisy" is Attends. Everything else is reasonably quiet.

If you haven't Bambinos yet I suggest that you do. They are by far the most comfortable diaper that I have ever worn. They are available in plain white if you aren't a fan of the juvenile "baby" prints. The tapes are strong and sturdy... the padding is thick and thirsty... I really love these things.

Post subject: bamboins
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:15 pm 

Hi Puddleguy is there anywhere you can get a sample before you invest money? Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:45 pm 

Bambino sells sample packs on their website (http://www.bambinodiapers.com) you really should check into them. I just ordered my second case. They may seem to be a little "kinky" or "fetishist" at first... but if you give 'em a try you will be suprised.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:11 am 

I'm not being critical or picky.....I know there is lots of overlap in subject headings....which makes it hard to set up a forum that allows folks to go to a particular subject to find related matter.

"How do you deal with your inconintinence" is sort of intended to provide a little moral support and ideas for the difficult chore of dealing with incontinence.

Timed toileting, use of drugs, exercise routine, staying home, scoping out all the bathrooms, wearing diapers.....

Most of us choose to wear diapers to deal with our incon and that leads to a specific discussion area for what folks feel is a good diaper....

This thread starting with the Wellness brief and progressing to the newer diaper, the Bambino is a great thread which I'd like to see carry on. I simply would like to suggest it be in the What kind of diaper....section.

JoeK

Post subject: By all means move it..
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:05 am 

by all means JoeK..as the author of the thread i give permission for you to move it..

Post subject: Moving this thread...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:06 am 

Thank you, Sociologygeek, but I didn't mean moving the existing posts over to the "What kind of diapers" area, the thread will stay here but I'd like to encourage additional posts on these newer diapers should go in the "What kind of diaper" area to facilitate folks who are looking for info on various diapers and wondering what diaper they should consider.

Again, I must say the input provided by PuddleGuy and yourself is excellent....very beneficial even to those who have been wearing disposables for a long time. Sometimes a new diaper comes out that is really worth a look and the Bambino seems to be one of those diapers!

And you've had your stuggles dealing with incontinence....wondering about it's cause and wondering if there is any cure....and in the meantime tring to manage your leakage and finally coming to terms with choosing a tape on diaper to feel secure as you go about your activities.

I'm sure many have read and followed your story and benefited from your insite, without taking the time to post their experiences with their own management challenges!

JoeK