www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:51 am 

I finally received my order of AFDC's U3 Ultimate. I am BLOWN AWAY. The diaper fits as if it was custom made only for my body, which it was! There is no extra material, no velcro scratching. It's a bit snug at the waist if I close the sides furtherst to the center, but if I close them close to the end its not as bad. But WOW! Fit is amazing. But Rob, you ask, what about absorbency? Again, I give it a 10. It held one of my very large episodes with only a small flow through into the diaper cover. Most of the time, diapers I have tested with a morning flood that were fitted diapers only absorbed half of the wetting before transferring it to the cover. Which would result in a very large puddle when the diaper cover was removed. But, with this diaper, when I stood in my bathtub and took it off, less than a few ounces fell out of the cover. This tells me with just a small booster, this diaper can handle anything a bladder can throw at it, provided its a smaller void, or you change after a flood. This is IMPRESIVE considering how thin it is. If you ever wanted to give flannel a try and want a custom fit diaper, I recommend these. The custom fit is well worth the wait.
The cost and time to manufacture are the only cons, and makes this somewhat of a luxury item. It fit WAY better than the ACD Leakmaster AIO. It certianyl fit better and performed better than InControl's twill diaper. I am a beleiver in flannel now. After I see how soft and absorbent it is. Longer drying times, be darned. I will not buy anyomore right now, as money is tight, but when I'm looking to replace my diapers in a few years, these are definetly an option to consider. The velcro panel did come off just a bit.. and the diaper did have some loose threads, but these are minor issues in my opinion.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:59 am 

Although my inventory are mostly ACD night weight birds eye, I have examined the Angel Fluff offerings from time to time. They seemed expensive, and ACD has worked well enough so that I never bought them. Thanks for your review.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:36 am 

Patrick wrote:
Although my inventory are mostly ACD night weight birds eye, I have examined the Angel Fluff offerings from time to time. They seemed expensive, and ACD has worked well enough so that I never bought them. Thanks for your review.

Hi Patrick!

The higher expense is probably due to the denser material. The genteman at AFDC told me that the reason why birdseye and gauze sell so well is because they are designed to dry quickly, but only have one third the absorbency of a flannel diaper. They are also much softer on the skin. Birdseye and even gauze always seemed a bit abrasive on my skin when wet. But that flannel diaper felt like I was wearing a cloud.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my expereince :)

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II