www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:48 am 

Oh joy.

I am ringing in the new year not with bubbly, parties or anything fun like that Nope, I was giving a friend a ride home, and was on my way back to my house when i felt the need to poop. And I knew from the sensation that I prebaby was not going to make it to the toilet. Usually if this happens it's not really a big deal because I have a disposable on and just throw it away. Well, tonight I was wearing a cloth diaper. A doubled Ecoable fitted with a prefold sandwiched in between to be exact. So here I am, the start of the new year, cleaning out pooped cloth diapers. Oh yay.

In other news, I have given Afex a field test with a Receptac
with a receptacle without ventholes, an extra capactiy bag, and a wrap to keep the penis in the receptackle and to absorb some of the flow back. I wore an PRotec 3xL and a pair of bloomers over top just in case..and I hhad the sensation of sloshing on my donstairs equipmen t again as I drove home. They recommend emptying the bag after every wetting episode. I can't be dong that at work, so it looks like this is an around the house option and a limited casual outing option. I will use it in very controlled circumstances outside the house. I will mainly use diapers for now.

No major changes in my incontinence situation otherwise. I do have it on record that I have an incontiennce issue and working on getting an accomodation to change my diaper after a flood even if it isn't my break, and to go home if I need to change after a bowel accident. After tonight, that seems to be a very good idea. I am trying to use cloth as much as possible, but the disadvantage is having to keep wasihng diapers. I think a mix of the two is ideal. Bowel incontence is best dealt with disposables, no quesiton at all about htat. Unfortunatley, I never know when I will be in that situation..
Anyway.. Life goes on. This is not hte first poopy diaper ive had to wash.

Hopefully I didn't keave fecal odor in the car.. since it is my mom's car still techically/

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:15 am 

Rob, after leaving 2023 on such a low note, the new year has to be better!

--John

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:45 am 

Yeah John. 2023 for me was a kinda crappy year, no pun intended. I had to swiitc jobs to remain sober, going from a cushy job where i greet people to pushing carts in the lot for 2 less an hour. BUT i'm happy. Its ok. My shift goes by MUCH quicker, and it seems that the incontience episodes are much less frequent, probably becausae I'm sweating so much. I get paid for excercise, and I havent even though t about drinking. So, it's a win for me. That's not the low point of the year. No, the low point was having 3 things happen to my car all the same year. My future mother in law backs into my car when it is parked, and then I hit a deer, and then on Christmas Eve, someone hits my parked car and drives off. The Honda CRV has been declared a total loss from when I hit the deer. So, I'm drivng a new car. My mom's Honda Accord. Which will soon be my Honda Accord. That is a silver lining, heck platinum lining, of this whole thing. It's a REALLY nice car. And now I am mere months away from marrying the love of my life and starting a new life adventure with her :) So 2024 has GOT to be better than 2023.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:16 pm 

sociologygeek wrote:
... And now I am mere months away from marrying the love of my life and starting a new life adventure with her :) So 2024 has GOT to be better than 2023.
That sounds like a great win indeed. Best wishes for your new year 2024!