www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dry 24/7 diapers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:25 pm 

Well. i ordered a sample of dry 24/7, they came today..quicker than i got the confirmation email. :D I tried them on..and as suspected by Johnstone..medium large proved to be a tad too big..they were over my belly button..or are they supposed to go up that high? They had big dual tape tabs..for some reason, ive never had a lot of luck with those.. which is a turn off to using it..im wearing one now...its arlready taken one wetting.. but, upon application, i noticed the backsheet was a bit torn. These things arent really refastenable.. which turns me off to using them. Is there a decent extended wear diaper that doesnt have the dual tape tabs? those seem to give me a hard time.. and dont seem to stick as well.. While im sure the product isnt bad, i just dont know if its something i would want to invest hard earned money in.. even for extended wear.. Well.. i gave em a good try. Thing is, after using tena ultra for some time, ive gotten used to the velcro tape tabs. They appear to be free of headaches compared to some of other tape systems ive come across.. You know, for extended wear needs, i may give Tena Super a try out of pocket.. I really have become attachted to tena ultras..they fit well and are comfortable. So while Dry 24/7 may be very good for some, i dont think ill use them.. Not sure if i want extended wear anyway.. No, i think my incontinence at this point is such that i do fine with moderate absorbency diapers that are changed regualry without much hassle..except when i have a lot of episodes. I dont think i want to use dry 24/7.. any other extended wear diapers worth a try?

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:27 pm 

Ah, heres an idea.. maybe the abena abri-wing..anyone try that?

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:30 pm 

I tried the Dry24/7s a while back too. They're nice but the small/mediums were too small on me, and the medium/larges were too large.

If you don't think tape-on diapers work that well for you I suggest you practice more. Most good adult diapers have tapes just like the Drys... it does take some getting used to, but after a few times you should be able to fasten them well and get a snug fit.

As far as abri-wing or any of those "T-shape" diapers go... avoid them. They don't work well with the male anatomy, if you get my drift. One good wetting and you will be leaking from everywhere.

If I may suggest... try the Secure X-plus or the Bambino diapers. Both have a plastic "tape landing zone" on the front and are almost infinitely refastenable.

Post subject: dry24/7
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:46 pm 

I also tried the 24/7 and found as Puddleguy said their size guide was off m/l was too big for me but it did hold several voids.