www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:14 am 

Hey, this is a catch-all update on me.

I still use cloth diapers most of the time at work. I was experimenting with having a pocket setup with 2 inserts and a prefold sandwiched between the two. Yes, I was comfortable in terms of dryness even after a full on assult from Mr bladder, but this setup is bulky. I think its pushing the limit of how comfrotable things are. With cloth for me its always a delicate balance between having enough protection to feel confidet but not so much it puts a strain on my body, you know, legs too far apart in the crotch area, bone disconfort etc. I ended taking up one insert out. So, I was on the hunt for alternative diapering techincques. Tuns out the AIOs i bought from Dependeco work really well as diaper covers with my ecoable fitteds. I tried combining a fitted, 2 ecoable prefolds and a AIO and see how that worked. I simulated a morning flood as best able, and things held really well. Think I might try something like this at work next opportunity.

I am slowly trialing the Afex system for strictly around the house management. There was a mishap the other wieek where the boxer briefs ended up getting wet, but not sure what that was about. Standing up, it seems to handle the garden variety episode well. Have yet ot test it sitting. Mosst of my episodes seem to occur when i'm standing up anyway.

Something was not quite comfortable wearing that pocket diaper last night. Was it too much detergent when washing hte diaper, or something else? I looked at the area and came to the conclusion that I think I have jock itch agian. I realized that because I put on a disposable and still felt as uncomfortable as I was in the cloth diaper, so I doubt it was too much detergent that was causing the discomfort. Life with incontience sure is fun, isn't it? NOT

Jury is still out on the pocket with standard Ecoable inserts as an option, but leaning toward guilty of bunching. I think I'd prefer using the large size organic leakmaster prefolds ratehr than the ecoable inserts. But right now im really interested in using the AIO/fitted combo I came up with last night. I've considered using AIOs as a standalone opiton later in the evening when my bladder seems to calm down a bit and not put out so much.

I don't plan on buying another case of disposables unless I can't iron out this discomfort issue. But I guess then it doestn matter waht diaper Im wearing if its jock itch eh? Thankfully I have plety of jock itch spray.

I love the versatility of cloth. How you can mix and match components to find the perftect solution, whereas disposables are not that flexible. Also, you tend to waste a daiper if your output is not as heavy as you expeccted. But not so with cloth, everything is reusable :D. But then again, disposables are much more straightforward. you don't have to worry about did I put too much detergent or not enough. Any tips on detergent amount would be appreciated.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:21 am 

Our washer measures its own detergent; we just keep the detergent tub filled. I use Clorox with every diaper load. As for diaper (jock) itch, I wash with hot water and Ivory soap at every possible change; I use Desitin or another skin preparation; I shave Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and hope for the best. As for the discomfort of wearing heavy night time protection, I find it reassuring. That wad of fabric between my legs is my assurance of an uninterrupted night's sleep, and a dry bed in the morning.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:33 pm 

I've largely had instances of bedtime incontinence, but been experiencing it more and more during the day. I agree with the sentiment that cloth is excellent, especially when I'm going out of the house, and I can simply add another cloth boosters to it according to how long I am probably going to be out, or likely or not have easy restroom access.

For washing, I've tried several detergents. Some of these modern ones seem to leave a pungent scent behind, whereas cheaper & off brands seem to wash clean fairly well. I agree, Clorox is great, and also a good squirt of hydrogen peroxide seems to wash clean everything nicely.