www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:07 pm 

One thing to know about us folks on the autism spectrum is we tend to be rigid and slow to change and embrace new ideas to an extent. I was so convinced that the 2.0 pocket diapers could not be used on a long term basis for working in because I though the pads shifted and bunched. As it turns out, it wasnt so much shifting and bunching as it was the folds of the pocket diaper not being smoothed out. If I stuff it with enough material, it is actually quite comfortable. Its like wearing a cloud. I experimented with wearing it with 2 inserts and a prefold at mass and it held a morning flood with ease. Afterward I had to change though. It occured to me to wear a single fitted without an insert under the pocket diaper and change that freqently so I would always have a dry diaper next to my skin. I tried that last night and things couldnt have gone better. I got through the whole night only using 1 pocket diaper shell. I plan to do the same tonight. Although near the end of my shift I had to change beccause even though the topsheet of the diaper was dry, wetness had accumalated by the leg openings and I wanted to be as comfortable as possible. Mind blown.. things are so different now. Fitted diapers will always be a go to option for situations, but they are definetly NOT the only solution to every situation. I'm now a firm believer in Ecoable's 2.0 pocket diapers. Give them a try if youre a fan of pocket diapers! You won't be disappointed.
Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II