www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:17 am 

So, I was befuddled by a sudden increase of incontinence episodes last week and was wondering if I had enough diapers to last me throuugh my work night. It was then that I decided I needed to up my protection game, as I alluded to in a previous post. I bought a bag of Trest eliete, it cost an arm and a leg.. but these diapers ABSORB! The package says 9500 mL of absorbency, which is impractical to wear a diaper that long so it absorbs that much.. taht would be 4 days of bladder out put, but diaper metrics tested it and found it to be good for up to 3000 Ml in pratical use and 1700 ML in thier tests. This is good news, because It puts my mind at ease in case I have a really floody day. I went ahead and ordered a case of 40. I shelled out 150, but if I only use them 2 days a week, it will actually save me money. If you have really heavy incontience and a few extra bucks, these might be what you are looking for.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:00 pm 

It looks like you paid $3.75 per diaper. You may want to give the Rearz Mega Inspire + a try. You can order them directly from Canada, free shipping an no sales tax. They cost around $2.85 per diaper. It is my go-to diaper when I don't have control over my schedule or when I sense that I am going to have a bad day.
Last week I was held up unexpectedly and wore it way past what I would normally do (11 hours). At the end of the day, it was soaked and quite heavy. There was a tiny leak between the legs but hardly noticeable. They feel pretty dry even after multiple wettings and have outstanding odor control. They have a landing zone which makes them a bit noisy. I normally use a Betterdry that is quieter and more comfortable to sit on but they only last me 3-5h, sometimes less in the morning.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:42 pm 

I second that. Rearz mega inspire is my default diaper because it lasts so long. I typically buy 8 cases when they have their seasonal BIG sales. I have two cases left from Memorial Day 25% off sale. I am hoping they do a Black Friday sale so I can restock. I use cloth inserts to extend their life. If my voids were the typical volume of most adults, these would probably last forever.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:57 am 

Thanks for your input gentlemen! Tartlon, I remember from your previous posts you are a priest. Eastern Rite Catholic I take it? Do you find your ncontinece complicates or rather enhances your ministry?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:14 pm 

Orthodox actually, and I find it is its own mixed bag of blessings. On the one hand, I am far more in tune with special needs ministries, particularly difficulties that are not immediately visible like a wheelchair or glasses, but on the other hand, one’s life is like being in a fish bowl. There is an expectation for the priest to be perfect and his household perfect even though we all have our own struggles. Given my age and the tendency for people to judge clergy as perverts, I would be terrified of my incontinence being seen as a fetish given many people don’t know struggles many of us have with catheters, drug combinations, or readings for not getting surgery.

I hide my incontinence, changing discreetly when I have to at church. Because I am often wearing robes and vestments it is difficult to undress frequently so I utilize the diapers as best I can. It also allows me to stay focused on people who have come for counseling or confession without having to interrupt them every 15 minutes to use the bathroom.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:25 pm 

Tarlton wrote:
Orthodox actually, and I find it is its own mixed bag of blessings. On the one hand, I am far more in tune with special needs ministries, particularly difficulties that are not immediately visible like a wheelchair or glasses, but on the other hand, one’s life is like being in a fish bowl. There is an expectation for the priest to be perfect and his household perfect even though we all have our own struggles. Given my age and the tendency for people to judge clergy as perverts, I would be terrified of my incontinence being seen as a fetish given many people don’t know struggles many of us have with catheters, drug combinations, or readings for not getting surgery.

I hide my incontinence, changing discreetly when I have to at church. Because I am often wearing robes and vestments it is difficult to undress frequently so I utilize the diapers as best I can. It also allows me to stay focused on people who have come for counseling or confession without having to interrupt them every 15 minutes to use the bathroom.

My mistake. Good to meet you Padre! Nothing against Orthodox folks at all. I'm a Latin Rite Catholic, a 4th degree knight of columbus and a part of our parish mens group which was an outgrowth of Exodus 90.

As far as the fetish crowd, yes they complicate life for us inconinents, and I just find it a tad annoying that a lot of cloth diaper manufacturers have predominately infantile cloth diaper prints for adult sizes, without offering grown up alternatives. A notable exception is Ecoable. They have a tasteful marble and biohazard print, as well as blue camo and atoms and binary code :)

Peace out!
Rob

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:47 pm 

Tarlton wrote:
Given my age and the tendency for people to judge clergy as perverts, I would be terrified of my incontinence being seen as a fetish given many people don’t know struggles many of us have with catheters, drug combinations, or ... not getting surgery.

I had not considered that problem for member of the clergry. I don't know your age buy my issued started getting bad at 22. Indeed, my worst problems were 23-27 or so,

In my case, I don't think anyone thought it was a fetish when I was young (I don't think most of us had heard about that sort of thing; and at this point I was trying pads or paper towels in my underwear and just changing clothes a lot.. But I did have people in Student Health tell me that my problems were caused by me mentally, that either the cause of my constant diarrhea was due to stress or some subconscious need to be sick where somehow unknown to my conscious brain I was secretly making myself sick because some mental illness wanted me to be that way.

Of course, they hadn't done any tests at that point. It was easier to come to the dime-store-psychology answer like Sydney Freedman from MASH.

But being judged so harshly scared me away and I didn't mention it again for several years. Meanwhile I had gone though periods of my worst illness, malnutrition and massive hair loss. My grades suffered and I ended up going back for a second undergraduate worried my grades were too low for the highly competitive graduate programs I was looking at.

I hope your problems have a bright side in helping you care for others. At least something positive would come out of it.