www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Leaks :-(
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:33 pm 

Not two minutes after i wrote that last post..i had a sudden episode..and wouldnt you know it..i leaked.. This is the first public leak ive had.. i was sitting in the library.. wearing a brief that i thought was ok.. it had already absorbed 1 wetting in conjunction with a booster.. i thought id be ok if i just swapped out the booster..NOPE.. i think Tena ultra is good for one flood when it absorbs in the front top of the brief..not in the core.. with or without the booster.. after that the padding falls away.. EEK.. my nylon pants didnt do much good for this one.. although they did contain some of it.. perhaps they were worn out.. There was a small spot of urine on the chair..hardly noticable.. and a not-so small spot on my jeans.. although.. i think the brief got most of it.. dont know for sure.

This crisis has forced me to yet again reconsider upping my protection.. or maybe i should have just changed the darn brief when i checked it..

I dont know how many more days like this i will have.. but i hope that i dont have any more leaks.

I think i would have been fine in a standing positon.. but ugh.. i was sitting..this doesnt happen a lot..usually, when i have an episode sitting down, the brief does a pretty good job absorbing.. not this time.. i probably overestimated capacity.. im gona go back to dry diaper wear..

Any suggestions?

:oops:

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:53 am 

It has been my experience that Tena traditional last through two or three wetting. However the cloth like style when already wet can have compression leaks while sitting. If possible when you start going stand to allow urine time to absorb throughout. the compression of sitting can cause most disposables to leak. Witching booster pad never really worked for me I could never get a good snuggle fit in my diaper after changing pad. I perfer cloth day and night never had a leak. The cloth aborbs throughout the entire diaper and with a good pair on plastic pant all is contained until i change. As far as bulk cloth does nor really add any different from extended wear disposable. One good cloth diaper with two regular baby diapers as liners work great and handle a lot. I perfer having a little extra padded butt than walking out of a public place in wet trousers. Hope you find a good disposable that works for you. Take care
Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:30 am 

I guess it all depends on how much of a loss you have before you change the diaper and how often you change. If your wetting 2 or 3 times before a change, then the loss needs to be small unless you use an extended wear diaper. On the other hand, skin condition is very important so wearing a soaked diaper all the time will cause skin problems. The volume of urine loss, and the frequency of loss have a lot to do with the absorbance needed.

Everyone has to go with whatever works best for them. For me, I wear an extended wear diaper (Molicare Super Plus) all the time and during the day I have change every 6 hours regardless of how wet the diaper maybe. At night, I don't change until the following morning. Again, everyone needs to go with whatever works best for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:15 am 

I would imagine that most of us on this forum have experienced public accidents. I know I have. When my bladder control had more or less disappeared I would still foolishly go without protection once and a while. One of these times I was without protection and in a public place with a large group of my friends as well as several dozen people I did not know. I totally lost the contents of my bladder and not only soaked my jeans, underwear, socks and shoes but did a number on the floor of the establishment I was in. Needless to say it was an extremely embarrassing episode and was the last time I went without wearing at least some type of protection. I have also had disposable diapers leak when I've been out in public which is one of the reasons I prefer wearing cloth.