www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:43 pm 

Well.. after two weeks (or more) of not showing its ugly head as far as i can remember.. the urgency frequency comes roaring back..and im wondering if its related to constipation..could it be that when i get hard stools it aggravates my existing continence problems? It's days like this im thankful for them booster pads and building surplus of briefs.. This only crystalizes the fact that my incontience runs in unpredicatable cycles..
Thats not to say these past two weeks ive been totally dry.. its just ive had problems of a different form, easily managed by 2 or 3 briefs in a day if that.. but now..woah! Back to the days where i say whether or not i use the bathroom i still get wet..its been a while since i found myself saying that.

Has anyone experinced constipation that aggravated their existing control problems? is there a quick remedy? perhaps i should be drinking more water.. i tend to not drink a lot.. for fear of wetting..but that in turn may lead to consitpation, which can lead to oveflow incon when the hard stools press on the bladder..

I took some metamucil.. and had a big glass of water.. with predictable effects..wetting a lot more than usual.. well.. whats worse.. constipation, or incontience? Constipation can lead to fecal impaction easily..which can lead to fecal incontience.. which is even worse than UI.. soo..id rather wet myself more ofen than have an oops the other way..

Also.. spring is here, which turns into summer..prime time for diaper rash... i dread the first full summer ill spend in diapers.. any ideas on combatting the heat?

All for now!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject: constipation
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:52 pm 

From all that I have read that is one of the things that can be a cornerstone to incontinence.I'am like you would rather have wettings than constipation.