www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:07 pm 

Hello. It's been a while since I posted. Life has kept me busy, and I had a bit of a dry spell for several weeks. Whethe its due to the meds, or just a phase my bladder is going through, I don't know. But I thought I'd come on to share my thougts on Seni Super Plus briefs. They are a step down from Seni Quatro. I think LL medico called it right when they classed them as a midrange brief even though the "drops meter" on the package shows nearly max absorbency. I had one wetting in them that was fairly large, and it darn near saturated the product. Not much absorben padding and I'm not sure if SAP compensates for that or what, but its's definently thinner than other European origin products I have used. They too seem to be going for the idea that thinner is better. Sigh. I don't give 2 hoots how thick a diaper is as long as I don't look like the Staypuft Marshmallow man, and my pants stay dry. As long as the brief does its job, I don't care if theres some bulk in the middle. I think right now I could get away wearing these to work with a booster, but If my bladder reverts to its previous patters, I might need to up to Better Dry or resume my cloth regimen.

Oh, besides the padding, the leak guards definetly leave something to be desired. But they are very comfortable to wear. They might be less expensive than attends primer and hold roughly the same amount. Not sure on that.

Have any of you tried Seni super (NOT Quatro)? What were your thoughts on it?

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:46 pm 

Those did not work for me. I gave them away.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:26 pm 

They work very well for me. Unlike others, these will absorb from one waistband to the other. They are quiet, too. I do need to wear a pair of my normal underwear over them to keep them up. Gravity does tend to take over with these. They are good for about 4 hours most of the time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:03 pm 

I’ve been using Seni Super Plus for the last few years now for my bedwetting and they have been fantastic. With that said, I feel like there have been changes lately as they seem to be a bit thinner now. I’m not happy about that change as I now worry about leaks becoming an issue. Probably going to start looking for alternatives to manage my bedwetting moving forward.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:45 pm 

As Johnny stated, they do seem to have made some changes. Until yesterday, those differences did not bother me. But yesterday, I was more active. Out of the office and doing construction for/with one of the kids. My Seni did not hold up at all. It turned to fluff and bunched up quite severely. I may have to go to cloth for those really active days, because I have yet to find any disposable that can keep up with me when active. I am (of course) open to suggestions from others. :: :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:23 pm 

WetDad's experience with disposable tabbed products (diapers) mirrors my own. They are comfortable and do the job until I start doing something strenuous. Warm weather simply accelerates the breakdown. Sweat, urine and exertion are natural enemies of diapers. However, I haven't found cloth to be any better in these situations. A wet cloth diaper tends to caffe quickly when I am doing something other than sitting.

Recently, I found a combination that sort of works. A Tena overnight pad inside of a depend pull-up works reasonably well. The Tena is soft and absorbent and provides a lot of coverage front and rear. It is a bit bulky but the depend helps it stay in place and it is easy to change. This isn't a perfect solution but it is more comfortable than a regular diaper for those projects which require a lot of heavy lifting and movement. The key, for me, to maintaining comfort is to change regularly and drink water. The water reduces the acidity level of urine.