www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 4:25 am 

Welp, I suppose I could have timed things better. I noticed that I was taking a bit longer to change my cloth diaper at work so I ordered a case of disposables.. in the middle of may. Mind you, it takes about a month and a half for me to get through a case of premium disposables since I dont use them all the time. Using them in June=very uncomfortable downstairs area. So, I bit the bullet and ordered a case of medline extended wear. The capacity is not as great as Better dry, but they are at least breathable. Yes, I know Seni is an option too, but right now Seni is too rich for my blood at 1.60 per piece. Last night I had a disposable on, and a protec brief.. and a onesie.. and ended up ditching both the protec and the onesie.. and changing more often. I am trying to use up my better dry before June 1, so I am wearing every day and changing more often than I otherwise normally would. Yes, it is a waste of money in theory, but money isn't everything. Comfort must also factor into the equation. Still waiting on flats and prefolds I ordered as stuffers to arrive for my pocket diaper setup, as well as the dependeco pocket diaper. Some setups I had going for the Ecoable were just too poofy and cause gaps in my legs. Not good because sometimes depending on how tight it is agians the skin, the stay dry liner can actually repel liquids instead of absorbing. But that effect goes away under pressure.. if I press down on the diaper with my hand and pour water, I have no repelling. Just something to keep in mind when using synthetic fiber diapers.. it takes a second or two for the fluid to lock in.

Point of clarification.. Ecoable rep said that dumping water on inserts and pockets and fitteds is not an accurate and fair way to judge performance as the products are designed to absorb under pressure. I find them extremely reliable.
Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II