www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 9:41 am 

Time for a general update, hopefully this makes for some informative inspirational reading, or just content for those who like reading stories that they can relate to.

Pocket diaper experimentation is showing fruits. I own 5 pocket diapers from ecoable that are the 2.0 model with a more generous cut. I also have 9 or so of the 1.0 pocket diapers that have been discontinued from the same manufacurer. Both can be used to manage my incontinence, even at work. I just have not had a reason to do so until now with the lack of a half hour lunch in which to change my diaper. I had asked my boss for an acoomodation when I was using disposables because I only had 15 minutes to either eat or change my diaper, but not both. I could grab a sandwich and scarf it down and then run to the bathroom to change, or could forgo changing and eat a leisurely meal. But neither option is really ideal. If I went without changing, I smelled like pee downstairs when I got home. I had issues with yeast infections. If I scarf down my food, that can cause issues with digestion. So, he increased my hours so I got a b reak and a lunch.. and now I'm back to only 4 hours on a shift, 5 days a week, with a 15 minute break. my TL did say that I can take a longer break without it counting agaist me if I had reasons, but then you have the fact that if I do that, I'm away from the door and not monitoring the store security. Unless its my break, I try not to use the bathroom unless i'm in need of an emergency change or I need to poop, since we don't have coverage at the door. I really don't want to have to tell my first assitant, yeah, I need extra time to change my diaper, and sometimes it takes longer to put on the cloth diaper. They already know I'm incontinent, id ratehr not give them unnecessary details. I don't want to be seen as a disability case that is liable for costing the store money because I take longer.

I digress.

Ditropan XL is being trialed right now hwen i remember to take it. Suprisingly, I have noticed a change. There have been nights since I started taking it that I have been dry the entire night. It's not perfect, but it helps. Not sure if this is meds or my bladder patterns shifting naturally. More testing is needed.

I now know that my bladder can release up to 16 oz at a time if its full and I get an urge. whether thats all at once or in spurts depends on how much I'm willing to try to stop it. eventually I just dont see the point in holding back and just let it go. Sometimes even when I try to hold back its only a few seconds before the flow starts again. I have a cytoscopy scheduled to see if I have a stricture.

I have ordered a Dependeco pocket diaper to trial itr and smaller flat diaeprs to trial using as stuffers in my pocket diapers. If they work better than the 12 flats I currently have utilize for that purpose around the house, I will end up selling or giving away the flats. The 10 contours I have will be utilized on days where i want to doll up on rash cream, dont want to waste disposables, but not worry about affecting the absorbency of my diapers that have synthetic fibers. In other words, when I have rashes and its hot.

I have a case of better dry on hand that I want to use up before it gets any warmer because it is not fun wearing a plastic backed disposable in 85-90 degree heat.

Weight loss continues to be a goal. Keeping several sizes on hand might be a good idea just in case I gain or lose weight in the future. Perhaps a bag of medium and a bag of large, a medium pocket and a large pocket, as funds permit.

Peace out!

Rob

PS, progress is being made slowly on weight loss. Currently at a standstill.. not gaining weight but also not losing. Plan to excercise more today.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II