www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 5:40 pm 

So, as you all know, I absolutely love ecoable's fitted diapers. I can take the base diaper, snap in an insert and tuck a prefold in between and then on goes the cover for unbeatable flood insurance rivaling a premium disposable. I can even wipe down the cover and reuse it several times before washing. Sounds great eh? The problem is the amount of time it takes to change. There is a set of snaps on the fitted and again on the diaper cover. If I want to eat and change my diaper both during a break, I run over time changing into a fresh fitted. So I am revisiting using pocket diapers to change into at work. I may end up buying pockets with Velcro tabs on dependeco. It seems quicker to snap on a pocket diaper and go rather than snap on a fitted and cover.. as long as the pocket is prestuffed.
Will let y'all know how I make out.

I just want to cut down on the amount of disposables I use.. because I figured out that even if I only use one a night a 95 dollar case lasts 2 months..

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:47 pm 

This reads encouragingly about experimentation. As manufacturers change their wares for various reasons, experimentation becomes more than necessary; it is a coping skill. Having to change under strict time limitations makes your post so valuable. Keep us informed.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:13 am 

I have been using the Ecoables 2.0 with the insert, they can be prestuffed and changes are quick. I think the construction and fit is better than dependeco but I am tall and 2.0 fits great. You will just have to see. I have been using the 2.0 pocket unstuffed over the fitted diaper with an insert at night and haven’t had any leaks. I also stuff the 2.0 pocket with a Leakmaster prefold and that works great too. The 2.0 fits over the hips, it’s really a classic diaper cut so the fit is better than any disposable. I am surprised they are not more popular.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 12:05 pm 

Rothpirate wrote:
I have been using the Ecoables 2.0 with the insert, they can be prestuffed and changes are quick. I think the construction and fit is better than dependeco but I am tall and 2.0 fits great. You will just have to see. I have been using the 2.0 pocket unstuffed over the fitted diaper with an insert at night and haven’t had any leaks. I also stuff the 2.0 pocket with a Leakmaster prefold and that works great too. The 2.0 fits over the hips, it’s really a classic diaper cut so the fit is better than any disposable. I am surprised they are not more popular.

I actually have 5 of the 2.0 pockets in size extended. The intent was to use them as covers with extra oompf. I have tried using them as a st standalone diaper but always had issues with the insert bunching shifting or twisting; I think the bigger pocket size for 2.0 is a bit too big for the inserts to stay in place. I also have nine discontinued pocket diapers in size extended. Those have a less generous cut. It almost feels like a bikini. I wore one in public stuffed with a prefold insert doubled with a toddler prefold and a snap in insert. The diaper held up to a very large flood. But I think I might have overextended over extend the pocket to where the legs and not get a good seal on the skin. It's always a balancing between building a very absorbent core yet not stuffing it so much that the leg gathers Gap.
I'm in the middle of trying to lose weight if I succeed the discontinued diapers might fit better. I can fit and make them work now but it's less of a roomy cut than the 2.0 diapers. Thank you for your valuable input about the dependeco diaper. I pulled the trigger and ordered one extra large to try. If it doesn't work I can donate it or sell it. I find the snaps to be not as quick as Velcro but velcro scratches my skin. It's like a catch-22. I now know my bladder can release up to 16 oz all at once if my bladder spasms and it's full. Thus in order to contain the episode plus anything else my bladder throws at it before I have chance to change, I need to double that capacity. My magic number for how much did I bring I need is 32 oz. Anything less is asking for a leak if my bladder decides to revert to infancy or not tell me how full it really is until the urge to squeeze happens.
If you can suggest a material combo to stuff the pocket diaper with that matches this number I would appreciate it.
My thought would be gauze combined with bamboo and micro fiber. Terry also comes to mind.

Peace out!

Rob

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 12:40 pm 

Rothpirate wrote:

what size prefold do you use for stuffers?

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 9:32 am 

Leakmaster organic cotton size large fits front to back perfectly in the 2.0 pocket diaper. I use the pockets unstuffed as a cover over the fitted with an insert and they pretty much last all night. If I have to change at night I will use the fitted with an insert with Leakmaster pul pants just to avoid extra snaps and a longer wake-up time. With DI there are some nights where my output exceeds 60 oz. Overall I am incredibly impressed with Ecoables, I am grateful there is a company that serves this market with such high quality products.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:38 am 

Thanks for the info Roth. Do you find one prefold to be enough? or do you use two?

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 4:59 pm 

I don’t think two would fit

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 6:26 pm 

Rothpirate wrote:
I don’t think two would fit

Perhaps not. We will see. I have been using purity gauze flats as stuffers.. they are a bit long and have to be folded over. I notice that too many in the 2.0 gives me a very poofy butt. Like unless I hide it under my shirt, you know its soemething different. But that begs the question.. how often do you stare at peoples butts or crotches to notice if they are wearing a diaper? I don't. If you know what to look for you might notice it but then brush it off as no big deal. For the cost saving measure of using cloth diapers, having more bulk is a trade off. But I don't really care as long as the diaper isnt so thick that sitting down makes things uncomfortable or if it compresses my genitals or is too tight on the hips.

In other news, I have Better Dry but also have Medline extended wear. I thought it prudent to not be stuck wearing plastic backed diapers in the dead of summer.

Roth, I thought you'd like to know based on your recommendations I orderd prefolds to use as stuffers, as well as smaller flats. they should be here next week. I also invested in more fitted diapers from incontrol, so i guess im hedging my bets having multiple backups..
Peace out!

Rob

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 4:48 pm 

Roth, i like to stick a prefold in between the fitted and the insert for extra flood insurance. It can stand up to a 16 ounce deluge. If you have really heavy voids during the day that might be something for you to try :)