www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 6:05 am 

If it was 2 or 3 years ago, and I didn't have an inventory of cloth diaper alternatives, I'd be in a somewhat of a panic. I realized it would be the most practical to combine cloth and disposable for now at work, because it is quicker to change into a disposable than it is to snap on another cloth diaper. I only get 15 minutes on a break, and if I decide to both eat and go for a change, I sometimes go over. So, I ordered a case this weekend of Better Dry. I suppose I could have picked a better time to do it. I tried to get the order in before I went to work, but the site kept spitting back an error message. I'm like, well, ok, I'll wait till later to place the order. When I check my email later, I get a confirmation email for my order from LL Medico! I'm like huh, cool it did go through. Yay. Only.. here it is Monday came and went and I got no email saying my order has shipped. I am down to my last few extended wear disposables. By the way, I hate to say that Abena L4, aka Abena Comfort, Formely known as X-Plus, in my opinon have gone down considerably in quality. They replaced the dual sticky second chance tapes with a hybrid sticky and fabric tape system that leaves much to be desired. The fabric tabs don't stick as well to the diaper. Thanks but no thanks. I was so disappointed with the case of Abena i bought I immediately ordered a case of Crinklz. It never fails to be a source of frustration when manufactures change their product from something you used to rely on. They take a perfectly good product that is simply excellent and ruin it. Attends did it with their breathable brief, thankfully that was changed back rather quick. I hope to God better dry never goes and changes their products. That would really suck. I had briefly stopped using them when the price went up on XP medical.. until i found out about the cash back program and discounts on LL Medico :). Now I can get my Better Dry at the same price as before.

In other news, I seem to be losing weight quite rapidly. Good thing, yes, but it has my cloth diapers fitting differently than before, and that is an adjustment to get used to. It almost seems I should go down a size maybe? I'm not sure. It's my work weekend so I have a few days at home to figure it out before i have to go back to work. I would love to down to a medium in sizing.. Mediums are generally cheaper than larges.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II