www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:08 am 

Well ladies and gents.. the PA I saw thought we should see if we can take a second crack at diagnosing and figuring out the root cause of my leakage. She wanted to do urodynamics and cytoscopy. The urodynamics invovles a 3 or 4 hour drive.. And I'm expected to try to arrive with a full bladder.. yeah, can't gurantee that. Also they had me do a voiding diary. I hate those things, mostly because I'm bad at paperwork filling out because it ususally has to be typed to be readble. Let's just say data entry is not my favorite thing. But I did my due diligence and typed up on notepad as best as I could recollect a summary of fluid intake and output. Oh, urodynamics.. what joy.. I just hope they are gentle when they stick that probe up there.. and it doesnt burn like the cytoscopy. Honestly, it's been several years since I had either procedure done. I just remember it invovles sticking tubes up were the sun don't shine. '

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:52 pm 

I guess you're gambling. The tests may not reveal anything you do not already know, or they may reveal some new information that could improve your situation. And yes, they are embarrassing and painful. Ask the attending physician to be gentle, and to use lots of lidocaine gel, and try to remember that the staff see this several times each and every day they come to work. You're just another patient to them.

As for your handwriting, believe me, I do understand. I print everything but my check signature. Nobody can read my cursive. And I was raised on the Peterson system.