www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:19 pm 

I'm looking for the best booster to use with my BetterDry Day diapers and I would like to know which ones you guys like. So far this is what I have tried and what I didn't like:

Wal-Mart Flour Sack Towel folded up - high maintenance and too little absorbency
Northshore EternaDry (size Large) - Works great but a bit long and even a size Medium is super expensive
Abena Abri-Let Normal - Good but no tape so it moves around
Tranquility Topliner Booster (not contour, size Super) - Works good but a little fragile and it is scented which I HATE!

I have shied away from the contour style ones because they are long. I want to make sure I'm using the absorbency and also the BetterDry diapers already have a bulge up high in the front which I don't want to make worse.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. My usual provider is LLMedico but I would consider other providers if I can use my FSA account for purchase.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:27 am 

I use one of two boosters: BoostUps from TotalDry or the medium NorthShore Care EternaDry booster pads. Of the two, the BoostUps have the greater absorbency (1L) and cost less per booster.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:21 am 

I use the Ontex rectangular inserts pretty much every night.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:02 pm 

John, I've heard of the boostups before. I've now ordered samples from their website. Where do you get them from?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:46 pm 

I use Boost Ups as well. I find them to work very well, and stay where I put them in my diaper. I get mine from Amazon.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:44 am 

I have tried a variety of flow through boosters. I found that they helped with low capacity diapers at night. However, by the time I factored in the price the combined cost was greater than using a more expensive higher capacity diaper. During the day, I use a different approach to extending the capacity of my diaper. I use a Depends Guard to add capacity. The Guard is relatively inexpensive and can be easily removed. This gives me the option of removing and discarding used capacity. A booster simply allows me to pack around more capacity. Boosters work ok for me, if I am prone but don't work well when I am mobile. The Guards have an adhesive strip but I don't remove the covering. Thus, I can slide the Guard out when it has reached capacity and slide a new one in place. Once in place I haven't had a problem with the Guard moving or becoming uncomfortable. My normal routine is to put a booster in when I change, replace it once and then tighten the tapes when I remove the second Guard. The diaper generally has some capacity left after I remove the second booster. My normal diaper is a BetterDry L10. I have used the same method with the BetterDry Day. There isn't much price difference between the L10 and the Day so I normally opt for the L10.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:13 am 

Nomoore, try getting Boost Ups from Vitality or Amazon. Look for TotalDry Boost ups.

--John