www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:04 am 

Hello my peeps. Hope everyone is staying dry and your protection is holding. As some of you know from my previous post, I am done using Medicaid disposables at least in theory. There may be an occasion where they are all I have available in a pinch so they will be used. But as of right now, Ecoables will be my mainstay diaper for daily use in all situations. I currently have a total of 31 fitted diapers either currently in possesion or orderd an on the way to me. Those of you who use cloth full time how big is your stash/inventory and how often do you rotate? Do you rotate? Without rotating what is the average shelf life of a cloth diaper? It is my hope these last at least 3 years with rotating, though I am hoping for 5. It occured to me to actually rotate then one needs an inventory double of what they would use in a week. If I changed 6 times a day that would be 72 diapers! That's way more than I can afford to buy at this time. Is there a figure that would have them last longer than average without rotaing yet still gives me adequate coverage? On average I may use 4 max.. but that wouold stilll be double. The idea there is that a diaper is only washed and used every two weeks. Or is the idea of rotating that a diaper is only washed and use once a week vs 3 or 4 times a week? is that the idea? That seems a lot more doable. I just want a stash of diapers I can use without replacing for more than 2 years. Any guidance and ideas would be most welcome, even if it is specific to just your situation. Thanks!

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:39 pm 

I have an inventory of cloth diapers which I accumulated over many years. I bought them in smaller, financially doable increments over the years. I keep the older, ratty diapers to augment the newer ones I use at night and for longer outings where I do not know of any handicapped accessible facilities which would make disposables useful nearby. I typically use 6-9 diapers each day, which amounts to one washer/dryer load each day.