www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:32 am 

I seem to be in a Goldilocks dilemma with sizing with J and B Medical. I currently recieve a Tena Ultra in size large. obviously, it is too big. If I wear it without ripping a tab, there is a huge gap between the diaper and my waist. Not good, obviously. I asked what the size range is on the Medium for tena. They said 34-37. What?? That's only a 3 inch range!! Heck with that. Attends medium is too smal.. the attends large starts at 45".. Which is where my waist currentyl sits. So I asked a sample for that. Yes, I know I said I'd only use cloth and not medicaid disposables. THe problem is if I want to not rewash the same diapers over multiple times, I need a bigger inventory. If I have 16, I wash 2 sets of diapers every week. But If I have more, Then I wash a diaper every 4 weeks, which would make things last a lot longer. Problem is cost. I've spent 700 acquiring an inventory. I felt I had little choice however, as it is obvious that Tenas are just not cutting it anymore.

I feel that I have very few options, none of which I like. I do have an invetory of 21 or so fitted cltoh diapers, 5 pocket diapers and one cloth pullup (which I decided to try out, but not sold on). At this point, the pockets do have a purpose, but it is less of them being standalone diapers, and more being diaper covers with extra absorbency for the fitted diapers. The reason is because the inserts inside the pocket tend to bunch and shift. The insert in the fitted diaper, and even the prefold i sometimes add for more absorbency between the insert and the fitted seem to stay put much better that the insert in the pocket of a pocket diaper. Perhaps it's the design? These pocket diapers may have a much looser pocket than others I used? Pocket diapers used to be my favorite style of cloth diaper. But ECOABLE's design does leave somethign to be desired. They still make a great cover and add more absorbency to boot.

The heavy and frequent episodes contintue.. although sometimes they are small spurts and surges. Flooding is a fairly rarre occurance (thank goodness)

I have an appointment with the urologist PA to check to make sure theres nothign wrong in light of my increased frequency of episodes.

So, has this happened to anyone else? You suddenly find that the product you used to rely on no longer fits well, and there are very few decent alternatives that don't break the bank?

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II