www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:42 pm 

My wife and I recently moved to an apartment, for various reasons including eliminating yard and snow maintenance for yours truly. I can't tell you how pleased I am that in the morning, I can now just walk down the hall and open the garbage chute and "diaper(s) be gone!" The only thing I do is to combine my trash with household trash to keep the "walk of shame" in cognito. No more outdoor smelly garbage cans (that we have to keep for 2 weeks).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:53 pm 

I also live in a condo apartment and the garbage chute is wonderful for getting rid of used absorbent briefs. The building houses a lot of seniors and this is why I moved in due to its quietness, although many of them are old enough to be my parents and I am not young myself. I would guess that 90% of the building's residents have incontinence issues of some sort. We talk about it. We even have a washroom on the first garage level - the key in the door urgency and I guess they did not want accidents in the elevators or hallways. That was good planning by the builder. There are also washrooms just outside the party room. I still work so I cannot discuss this with that age group (mostly 30s) but I can discuss these issues with my older neighbors.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:53 am 

Menopause Lady wrote:
... We even have a washroom on the first garage level - the key in the door urgency and I guess they did not want accidents in the elevators or hallways. That was good planning by the builder. There are also washrooms just outside the party room.

Someone was thinking when they built that place! What great ideas.