www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:50 am 

I don't know what is going on.. but the days of only having one episode per day and being able to go naked and not make a mess everyhere are gone. I make it to the toilet twice a day at most. The rest ends up in the diaper. At that point I almost want to give in and just use diapers for pee.. not even botehr stopping to use the toilet. I'm not sure what is going on, other than I recently got engaged, and I decided to increase my daily fluid intake. I mention my engagement because it can be a stressor. We are very happy together, but I would be lying if I said I had no concerns about how we work together. No couple is perfect though. Don't worry, I have 16 fitted cloth diapers at my disposal, and combined with an insert and a prefold, they are very absorbent. Now that my incontinence has worsnened to the pont where I am making it to the toilet less, I might reconsider tradtional cloth.That will be an adjustment. but for now, I will stick to what i know. I'm partial to diapers wtih stay dry lining.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:14 am 

Rob, congratulations on your engagement. However, an engagement can be a stressor.

I have had periods when my incontinence changed from its usual pattern, usually for no reason that I could identify.

Like you, I love wearing cloth but had to reconsider the practicalities when my living circumstances changed. Today I wear cloth infrequently and use it as a backup in case I run out of disposables.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:29 pm 

Add my congratulations and best wishes. Becoming skilled at managing your incontinence should make your future with your intended stress free as you prepare for your wedding.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:00 pm 

Many congrats don’t worry about your incontinence you have all the tools to manage this to have a great day and enjoy married life!

Greenbank

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:19 am 

Congratulations on the engagement. Work through those stressors together :). Better to deal with molehills rather than mountains later.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:03 am 

Tarlton wrote:
Congratulations on the engagement. Work through those stressors together :). Better to deal with molehills rather than mountains later.

So true Tartlon!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:59 pm 

Will your fiancee or another family member accompany you when you have your upcoming urodynamic exams and tests? This could be a useful learning experience for them also.