www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:50 pm 

So, I had a Crinklz on in bed, taking a nap. And it was one of those thankfully rather rare times where I have an episode in bed while half awake. I was lying on my back, not on my side, so the diaper should have absorbed it all. But it did not. It leaked. I think since I pulled it down to use the toilet a few times, I did not have the best seal at the legs. Anyone else notice this? Any way to counteract it? Perhaps I should switch to cloth fitteds or pockets if I want to continue to use the toilet? Or give up the toilet when i can barely make it anyway? It just seems coutnerintuitive to pee your pants deliberately when we have been trained to use the toilet.

So anyone else who used the toilet for no 2 find that after pulling their tabbed brief back up that it seals not as great at the legs? how do you counteract this?

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:27 pm 

This episode demonstrates the utility of wearing cloth. When a user can, unpinning a cloth diaper, using the toilet normally, and re-pinning the diaper avoids the hassle of compromising the protection that trying to use a disposable similarly would cause.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:07 pm 

Unfortunately, yes, I do see a noticeable decreases in efficacy of the diaper if I have to pull it down for a bowel movement. This is another argument against high capacity diapers as the diaper loses its ability to reach its usable absorption. If we were healthy we would have a a bowel movement 20 minutes after every meal. I typically only have my main bowel movement in the morning shortly after I wake. This allows me to use my diaper for long periods.

I have also had some issues with pulling the front down to pull out my member to urinate as either I don’t get it out in time or the top of the diaper’s seal gets compromised.

I hate to say it, but unless it’s a bowel movement, I have become less insistent on getting to the toilet unless I am very close.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:34 am 

This is just me but if I need to have a BM, I will just un-tape one of the top tabs and pull the back side down just enough so I can go #2 but otherwise leave it in place. Because I wet all the time anyway, there is not too much point in trying to pee in the toilet.
I won't break the leg seals so I don't have that kind of problem. When I am done, I just pull the back waist band back up and put the tab right back where it was.