www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:04 am 

Hi all,
I've stated before that even though I don't have complete loss of control or frequent heavy voids, I still opt for maximum absorbency while I am working. The reason is the more absorbent your protection is as a rule, the drier you feel even with the smallest of voids. If you have a midrange brief, sure it handles smaller wettings just fine, but you feel as if you're wearing a wet sponge and want to get that diaper off asap. On te other hand, if you are wearing better dry, the wet feeling is much less. The same is even truer for cloth diapers. Let's face it, even cloth diapers with a stay dry liner still feel wet if they are saturated enough. The night before last I wore a heavy incontrol nightime fitted diaper, over top i had the twill diaper. I had several smaller wettings. I was fairly unconfortable, probably because the outer twill diaper did not have a stay dry liner and it was in direct ccontact with my leg creases... but last night I wore Ecoable's products. I took their suggested setup of a pocket diaper plus a fitted and stepped it up even more. I had 2 snap in inserts plus a prefold. Yes it was a lot of diaper, yes my butt looked big, and yes, If I do it again I will need to buy bigger pants. BUT... I had several small wettings and I was still quite comfortable. Almost as comfortable as if I was wearing a dry diaper. I dare you to find that level of comfort in a single cloth diaper thats not boosted. You can't. Within 2 or 3 wettings it feels as if you are wearing a wet towel. Even with a stay dry lining. The stay dry lining DEFINITELY helps, but its not as helpful if your urine is concentrated from lack of hydration..so push those fluids people.

Different strokes for different folks. I could wear lesser protection but still have to change.. But I found a setup that invovles a heavy diaper that makes my but look big, but I was COMFORTABLE with multiple smaller wettings. Id rather be dry and comfortable and have a big butt (who really cares anyway?) than wear lesser diapering and feel uncfomfortable and it being at least a half hour before I can go change on a break. I could change when its not my break, but I try not to, since that means leaving the door unatttended.

What say you all? DO you find padding up heavy even when you have some control makes it for a much more comfortable time in the diaper wehn you have to use it because you ahve episodes that just happen without you making it to the toilet?

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:11 am 

Excellent points, Rob.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:09 pm 

I am fortunate in that I work from home. But when I go out for shopping/errands, I plan according to the amount of time I expect to be away. It is rare that I need more than a NS Supreme Lite when out, unless I expect it to be for the entire day. I seem to have TB (Tiny Bladder).

In the beginning when I was inexperienced, I recall episodes of coming home with a TENA for men that was dripping down my leg wet. I don't wear these anymore but I can second that being saturated is not a comfortable way to be.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:34 pm 

Well written.

Better to be excessively protected, and not need it, than poorly protected when you do need it. As a dedicated cloth user, heavy protection is my goal.