www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Crinklz Astronaut review
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:34 pm 

Usually I shy away from ABDL diapers, because they are not the most practical, not because of the print, but due to expense and case quantity. I like many of you don't care what's on the diaper as long as it keeps my pants dry. But, most abdl diapers are so ridiculously expensive that it is prohibitive. With Crinklz on LL Medico, my military discount as ad ependent plus my store credit reduced the cost to the point where it was only slightly more expensive than a case of better dry. So, why not? So, i ordered a case of Crinklz Astronaut in size L. I was expecting it to be identical to the better dry only with prints. Turns out is not. It seems to be cut differently to make the diaper bulge more. But one thing that stands out is the plastic outer shell is VERY soft to the touch. With better dry, I get uncomfortable spots where the plastic shell gets in contact with my skin. With this shell, if that happens then it won't irritate your skin as much. It's that soft. Also there is less wasted material, so the fit,suprisingly seems to be actually more comfortable than Better dry. I never thought I would say that about an ABDL diaper. And I will admit, the print is cute, and defintely a break from the boring garden variety plain white. My thought is if you are looking for a diaper like better dry in terms of absorbencty but hate the plastic shell rubbing on your skin, and can tolerate or even enjoy prints, definetly give Crinklz a try. One note of caution though is that due to aformetnioned different cut, these tend to run a bit SMALLER than the sizing on better dry. I usually wear a L in better dry with tehe tapes being in a comfortable position, but these are cut with less wing length. But tape placement is still on line with my hip bone, which is what the ideal is.

I recommend them! I was suprised actually how much I enjoy wearing them with the print and softer shell.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:52 am 

Sociologygeek, thanks for the interesting post. BetterDry is my go-to diaper and I would have expected its printed Crinklz counterpart to be identical, except for the prints. I avoid ABDL diapers except for when their plain vanilla counterpart is out of stock. Your comment on the size difference is useful. Thanks.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:14 am 

Sociologygeek,

Your review of the Crinklz is interesting. My supplier is also LL Medico and BetterDry is my normal product. They notified me that they were out of the BetterDry. When I spoke with them on the phone they assured me that the Crinklz Astronaut is identical in every way to the BetterDry except for the printing on the top sheet. My order is due to arrive later this week. I still have 1/2 case of the BetterDry Large (L10) so it shouldn't be too hard to do a comparison.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:19 am 

It would be interesting to get my hands on a better dry and compare the dimensions side by side. It seems as if the Crinklz is shorter due to less plastic material at the waist.. but the same amount of padding. I found that Better Dry seemed to have too much plastic. I think when I have a chacne to in a few months when I have more money is that I'm going to try the XL on crinklz and see how it fits. I never htought id say this about an abdl product, but I may have found a go to diaper. The soft plastic is that comfortable.

Peace out!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:24 am 

happilyretired2 wrote:
Sociologygeek,

Your review of the Crinklz is interesting. My supplier is also LL Medico and BetterDry is my normal product. They notified me that they were out of the BetterDry. When I spoke with them on the phone they assured me that the Crinklz Astronaut is identical in every way to the BetterDry except for the printing on the top sheet. My order is due to arrive later this week. I still have 1/2 case of the BetterDry Large (L10) so it shouldn't be too hard to do a comparison.

I stand corrected I guess.. Its hard to tell sometimes when you don't have the diaper youre comparing it to side by side.. and maybe I am getting fatter than I was so the fit is tighter than it would be a few months ago? Hard to say. But one thing for sure is Crinklz has won me over and I look foward to including it in my rotation when iI can figure out if the L is the good size or if I'm getting fat again and need to up a size. Hopefully not.

Peace out!
Rob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:28 am 

happilyretired2 wrote:
Sociologygeek,

The plastic seems a lot softer and smoother than better dry. Hopefully this does not mean its thinnner. as thinner plastic tends to lead to backsheet tearing. I still say the crinklz/better dry topsheet is a Lot softer than Confidry's. Abena also has a comfortable topsheet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:19 am 

I agree with you comparison of top sheets between the ConfiDry and BetterDry. The top sheet on the ConfiDry feels a bit stiffer. The cut of the ConfiDry doesn't fit me as well as the BetterDry (both in size large). The ConfiDry large seems at least a 1/2 size larger than the BetterDry large. I should try the next size down to see if it fits better. Given the uncertain market and supply chain issues having a second or third option seems like a good idea. The other big difference between the two brands is the tapes. I have to be much more careful with the ConfiDry tapes than the BetterDry. The primary (Blue) tape on the ConfiDry is prone to detaching from the top sheet as it is unfolded.

Well, my coffee pot has noticed me that it has completed it assigned task. Have a good day.