www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:15 pm 

So, I just got back from a 5 day cruise. It was a Disney Cruise to Progresso and Cozumel, Mexico. I had an AMAZING time. The one hitch was that they recommended you wear your bathing suit under your clothes. Well, for an incontinent individual who has no idea when and where his bladder may let loose, that is not the ideal situation for me. I don't mind wearing JUST a bathing suit when I know i'll be in a controlled setting where easy access to a toilet is granted (pool) and I know its a limited amout of time that I don't have protection on. But going with a bathing suit instead of a diaper under my clothes for an entire day? Not happening. So, I decided that i woulnt swim in this sinkhole in mexico, but ended up going in teh water anyway, and changing into some dry shorts. The diaper was waterlogged, but still had an amazing time. This was a once in a lifetime expereince. THe next day, I went with the swimsuit in my backpack option and not wearing under my clothes. Sorry, but just wearing your swimsuit under your clothes is NOT a viable option for us incontinent folk. It's just not. Especially if your bathing suit is as tight fitting as mine turned out to be. Thankfully, most of the diapers I wore on the ship were dry, and was more just in case. I did have one episode where I changed a wet diaper, but I never know when mr bladder will misbehave. So I'm always ready. Anyway, I got through it, and a FANTASTIC amazing time was had by all :). In other news, my 2 year old nephew is now potty trained, so the only one still in diapers in the family is.. me. Thankfully wit my youngest niece and nephew my incontience has not come up.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:01 pm 

Cenotes can be so cool. I've been them, too and also had a very fun time. Glad you enjoyed yourself. The idea of a swimming hole in a cave seems to be uniquely Mexican, and it is such a pleasant experience after being in such oppressive heat.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:15 pm 

sociologygeek wrote:
So, I just got back from a 5 day cruise. It was a Disney Cruise to Progresso and Cozumel, Mexico. I had an AMAZING time. The one hitch was that they recommended you wear your bathing suit under your clothes. Well, for an incontinent individual who has no idea when and where his bladder may let loose, that is not the ideal situation for me. I don't mind wearing JUST a bathing suit when I know i'll be in a controlled setting where easy access to a toilet is granted (pool) and I know its a limited amout of time that I don't have protection on. But going with a bathing suit instead of a diaper under my clothes for an entire day? Not happening. So, I decided that i woulnt swim in this sinkhole in mexico, but ended up going in teh water anyway, and changing into some dry shorts. The diaper was waterlogged, but still had an amazing time. This was a once in a lifetime expereince. THe next day, I went with the swimsuit in my backpack option and not wearing under my clothes. Sorry, but just wearing your swimsuit under your clothes is NOT a viable option for us incontinent folk. It's just not. Especially if your bathing suit is as tight fitting as mine turned out to be. Thankfully, most of the diapers I wore on the ship were dry, and was more just in case. I did have one episode where I changed a wet diaper, but I never know when mr bladder will misbehave. So I'm always ready. Anyway, I got through it, and a FANTASTIC amazing time was had by all :). In other news, my 2 year old nephew is now potty trained, so the only one still in diapers in the family is.. me. Thankfully wit my youngest niece and nephew my incontience has not come up.

Glad you had a fantastic time! I’ll actually be heading to Cozumel next month - how did you like it? Was the port area safe?