www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:04 am 

Something occured to me. I spent hundreds of dollars acquiring my inventory of flat cloth diapers but I don't use them at work as often as I do the Ecoable diapers. The intent was to rotate the type of diaper used monthly, but that's just not practical. The Ecoable diapers have a stay dry liner which makes them way more comfortable when wet hands down over the flats. Now that I spent the extra cash to acquire 10 ecoable fitteds, the flats seem to be all but obsolete. However, they do have purpose as stuffers for my pocket diapers which also have a stay dry lining. But also, I realized I could use them at home for my every day in the house wear, and cut down on the wasted disposables. Very often I wear a disposable and dont even wet in it because my bladder behaves that day. So, it still needs to be changed, which means wasted diapers. Even though they are free for me, they still represent money that the taxpayers spent on me. Does it make sense to wear a diaper and not use it for its intended purpose and then throw it away? Not to me. If i want to wear just in case protection, fine.. but why not make it reusable? And I even figured out a way to facitlitate toilet use with a flat on.. so I really have no excuse. So, I think I'll be using my flats at home and as stuffers for my pocket diapers when I go out, and save my Tenas for emergency situations or when I really don't feel like washing diapers.

Also, is there any way to get pet hair off cloth diapers? Anyone else have that happen to them? My cat is just the sweetest thing, but leaves her hair in the bathtub when she licks the faucet, and that hair finds its way into my washing machine and onto my diapers. (I sometimes hand wash my diapers in my bathtub with a hand crank machine). It's annoying.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:46 pm 

Quote:
Also, is there any way to get pet hair off cloth diapers? Anyone else have that happen to them? My cat is just the sweetest thing, but leaves her hair in the bathtub when she licks the faucet, and that hair finds its way into my washing machine and onto my diapers. (I sometimes hand wash my diapers in my bathtub with a hand crank machine). It's annoying.
That's funny. We have four cats but two of them howl to be let into the bathroom after either of us finish showering so that they can lick the bathtub and faucet. We also have the problem of cat hair on the household furniture. Sorry but I don't have a solution for you. My wife vacuums the furniture from time to time. Cat hair gets everywhere.