www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:36 pm 

Has anyone else been experiencing the lower tabs of their betterdry diaper shifting (I.e. popping off) over time? I thought perhaps I was taping too tight, but even when I taped them looser they still did this, forcing me to use the second chance tape to reposition the diaper. I don’t really want to have to resort to duck tape, but I may have to.

Perhaps my taping style is off? I usually tape the lower tapes first with a snug fit facing diagonally up. Then I tape the uppers diagonally downward. The uppers don’t move or pop off. Only the lowers.

It’s caused a few leaks that have been embarrassing…

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:32 pm 

I haven't had this problem I tape top tapes first then lower tapes. Ive had the bottom right one stretch but it doesn't break.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:51 am 

Tarlton, you did not tell us whether you wear something over your diaper, i.e., plastic pants, underwear, or onesie. That could affect the outcome.

BetterDry is my "go-to" diaper for both day and night and I have used many cases of that diaper. I fasten the lower tapes first, then the upper. I try to fasten the tapes "snug" rather than "tight." I have had no instances of the lower tapes shifting or popping off.

I do wear a diaper cover over the BetterDry and normally wear a onesie for support. Otherwise I wear compression pants. Both of these reduce the stress on the lower tapes by supporting the diaper and also aid in preventing the tapes from snagging on clothing or bed linens.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:25 am 

I've had this problem with BetterDry recently as well. I put one on in the evening and the lower tapes had shifted by the time I checked them before bedtime. It was easy enough to relocate the tabs but it doesn't inspire confidence. The briefs otherwise fit well (usually a large size fits but with a lot of excess plastic). I do the bottom tabs up first; I thought that's what you're supposed to do.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:52 am 

JDinVirginia wrote:
Tarlton, you did not tell us whether you wear something over your diaper, i.e., plastic pants, underwear, or onesie. That could affect the outcome.

BetterDry is my "go-to" diaper for both day and night and I have used many cases of that diaper. I fasten the lower tapes first, then the upper. I try to fasten the tapes "snug" rather than "tight." I have had no instances of the lower tapes shifting or popping off.

I do wear a diaper cover over the BetterDry and normally wear a onesie for support. Otherwise I wear compression pants. Both of these reduce the stress on the lower tapes by supporting the diaper and also aid in preventing the tapes from snagging on clothing or bed linens.

--John
(double incontinent)

On days when I am going to work I wear a bodystocking. I use baby powder prior to applying the diaper but am careful not to get it on my hands or on the front of the diaper.

I will add that it could also be occurring when I am driving and the thighs expand from sitting down causing pull on the lower tabs.