www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:55 pm 

I've been expecting this event for over a year now, and now that the pandemic is winding down, I've finally had to face it.

My kids took me out to the Fort Erie Race Track to watch some horse racing. This was nice, but faced with possible F-IC, I was a wary. At first I thought to myself that I was doing ok and perhaps I should just attend in my usual daily pull-up. But then that nagging little voice said "but what happens if things go south while you're there?" It's a bit of a trip for us to get there, so it was necessary for me to wear "full protection". So I wore a NS Supreme Lite diaper with the Abena Abri-fix pants over top. After today's experiences, I have to say that I'm really warming up to this combination.

Well, the first thing that happened was that I needed some food because of my diabetes -- I had skipped lunch in order to get there without missing other races. So I bought a hotdog and fries at the front before we got in. After I received that, I realized I was headed for trouble. That jumbo hot dog was somewhat greasy and the fries were really greasy. That was bowel trouble for sure, but I had to eat. So after being seated, I ate the hotdog and some of the fries. I finished the soft drink as well.

Then, one of my daughters comes back with a glass of beer for me in addition to her own. I think she said that mine was free due to the Father's Day event. I don't drink much anymore, especially since it doesn't go well with diabetes and the meds. So I started to sip away at that in appreciation of her efforts.

Then the bowels started to get angry. It was then that I was very glad that I heeded that little voice to wear the NS diaper instead of the pull-up. I was petrified but knew if the worst happened that the "event" should at least be contained. Sitting helped, and somehow I was able to maintain until the urges finally subsided.

Then after the beer was nearly empty, I had started to sneeze. Not sure why this happens, but once it starts it often repeats a dozen times. I'm not allergic. But now my stomach was full with a hotdog, fries, a can of soft drink and now a glass of beer, it was painful to sneeze. In fact, after each sneeze, it felt like my stomach was foaming up inside. It then felt like it was going to burst, and I felt nauseous. I was doing my best to hold back a puke. After concentrating on that I eventually overcame with some difficulty and the nauseousness subsided. Crises averted!

So after that initial foray, I did manage to enjoy some of the racing. We didn't bother with any bets because the lineups were terrible (I even had a free $2 bet for Father's Day).

Some Conclusions:
  • Listen to that little voice! Choosing to wearing a diaper gave me the peace of mind that I would be covered if F-IC happened.
  • The NS Supreme Lite with the Abena Fixing pants did extremely well. While I definitely felt "padded" down there, it was otherwise comfortable and discreet.
  • My new one-size larger jeans were effective in hiding the diaper. While my kids know, I don't think they gave it a second thought (and perhaps even forgot about it).
  • The diaper was also absorbent enough for the unintentionally consumed in liquids.

I guess I can punch another hole in my IC card. Thanks JD for recommending the NS Supreme Lite. I think I will order some more.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:40 am 

I'm glad your crisis was averted. I'm glad the diaper worked for you. Good conclusions.

--John
(double incontinent)