www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:59 am 

So, I have been keeping a careful eye on my waist size. I seem to have dropped several inches to where I can now wear diapers that are sized at a max of 44 inches. So I thought I would try out adultClothdiaper.com's Leakmaster All in one Velcro. Yes it has been panned by some as not being very absorbent. But, for me in my situation I do often wear diaeprs around the house that are good for one wetting and then are changed immediately; I do this all the time with my Tena Ultras. So, why not invest in a cloth diaper that has that same premise and save the govermnent a few hundred dollars a year by not providing me with disposables that end up in the trash after a single use versus all in ones that will last an average of a year or more versus a diaper lasting only a day before throwing out. This would siginficantly reduce waste and landfill contribution.. so , why not? So far the diaper meets expectations; It fit well, and absorbed a wetting without leaking which is great.. the only complaint I have so far is that the velcro can shiift with movment from a sitting to stand postion and should be secured with supplemental buttons or what not. All in all, not bad. IF you have an occasion to have lighter voids or happen to beleive in changing when wehn instead of wearing a wet diaper for hours on end like I do, you might find a use for these. :)

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:36 pm 

The one thing I have found with any diaper with velcro attachments is that if the velcro shifts for any reason, it can be quite abrasive to the skin that it comes in contact with. It's more of a problem when you're away from home and can't make the adjustment without privacy. I particularly ran into this with the TENA Flex Super Briefs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:00 am 

wayne wrote:
The one thing I have found with any diaper with velcro attachments is that if the velcro shifts for any reason, it can be quite abrasive to the skin that it comes in contact with. It's more of a problem when you're away from home and can't make the adjustment without privacy. I particularly ran into this with the TENA Flex Super Briefs.

What you describe is a big reason why I tend to shy away from velcro products in general.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II